Hello to you All. Hopefully you have had better weather than us to-day, its rained on and off for most of the day. Annie and I went up the coast to Gourock and visited the lovely Cardwell Garden Centre. I don't think we missed a thing and as always we had a few good laughs too. However, we put our purchases back in the car and went back in to the Craft Centre and Restaurant and again had a super time , bought more than I needed before going for a much needed coffee. On the road home we stopped at the smokehouse in Fairlie and bought some beautiful fish. So all in all we had a lovely day out.
My post to-day is a Poppy brooch that made for Annie's birthday to-morrow, and as she has already seen it I thought I would share. I started out with 3 red card circles that I cut using my SB. The leaves are also SB and after I put it to-gether I used about 4 coats of pinflair glaze to give it shine. I absolutely adore poppies and thought this would be nice to wear for Remembrance day. I ran out of time to make my own box so ended up recycling one from my stash.
Hope you all have a lovely week-end no matter what the weather. Hugs Rita xxx


33 comments:
Oh! Wow, Rita, this is absolutely stunning.
Glad you had a good day.
Patricia xxx
This is beautiful Rita. Such a rich colour.
We had a dreadful day here very heavy hail showers.
A beautiful brooch Rita! That poppy is amazing. We have had absolutely horrendous weather today - high winds and lashing rain! Christine x
Rita this is just stunning Annie will love it
Anne
What a great gift, so very special. Having trouble with this weather. xx Flora
Gorgeous Brooch Rita...Annie will love this I'm sure... Beautiful work... Hugs May x x
Wow! Rita this brooch is absolutely stunning!! gorgeous hun she must be over the moon with it. Weather has been rubbish here too hope it gets better for next week, glad you had a great day huggles hun Sue xxxxxxx
Beautiful brooch Rita that poppy is wonderful.
Kevin xx
Sounds like a lovely day Rita. Love the brooch as I'm sure Annie did too. Carol x
How lovely! Poppies are such beautiful flowers. I'm sure the brooch will be a special treasure. Your day sounds absolutely wonderful Rita. Lots of nice memories. Hugs!
What a great day you two have had and this is one stunning present you have made for Annie. Wishing her a very happy birthday. Big hugs to you both.
Luv {Brenda} x0x
Absolutely beautiful! I'm sure it will be treasured. Sounds like you two had wonderful outing!
A gorgeous make! Love this and sure it will be treasured! Gorgeous trace xnhugs x
Absolutely gorgeous Rita what a beautiful poppy
jacqui x
What a beautiful brooch Rita . Glad you both had a good day !
Andy xxxxx
What a stunning brooch Rita,love it.xxx
this really is beautiful Rita - I bet your friend loved it! Sounds like you had a wonderful day too! Crafty hugs Rachel x
Seems to and Annie had a fantastic day , weather pants here too, oh for some heat.
Gorgeous brooch, love the poppy and such a wonderful gift, Kate x
Wow!!! Rita this is gorgeous and I am sure friend loved it. Glad you had a fun day out together.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
It sounds like you and Annie had a wonderful day out - and a good shop too! The brooch you made for Annie is gorgeous, I thought it was porcelain, it has such a beautiful shine to it. You are such a clever crafter Rita! Hugs, Anne xx
Oh wow Rita, how clever is this! Absolutely stunning!!! Bet Annie loved it, it looks fantastic!!
What a great idea - lovely brooch and it sounds as if you had a really good day out too.
What a lovely gift - and so beautifully made. I love poppies too. Poppies and daisies are two of my favourite flowers.
Can you email me your snail address Rita so I can put you on the list for Flat Susan to visit. Thanks a lot -= hope all is well with you.
Hugs, Neet (achickson@yahoo.co.uk) xx
Such a special poppy Rita. I bet Annie is thrilled with it. Hugs, Jenny x
What a wonderful way to create a lasting gift. I need to try this technique using the pinflair glaze to create a flower.
Makes a lovely brooch.
Best Regards Diane
Beautiful brooch Rita, poppies are always so gorgeous.
Wilma x x
Rita your brooch is beautiful, Poppies are one of my favourite flowers too. Annie is sure to love this xx
Beautiful brooch.
Joanna
Sounds like you and Annie had a wonderful day. And this poppy brooch is a beautiful make - what a precious gift!
Alison x
Hi Rita, Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog. So sorry I've not been around too much these days. Still very busy with college. It finishes in june so I will have more time to concentrate on crafting and maybe catch up with some of the blogs I've been missing out on.
Jyst wanted to say that the Poppy brooch is absolutely gorgeous! What a lovely idea for a gift. Thanks for sharing.
Take care
Jackie xx
Rita your gift is stunning. So glad you had a lovely day out too!
Rita, what a lovely idea! I think you did a great job.
Lia xx
Wow Rita this is outstanding, it looks so beautiful, awesome work.
hugs
lorraine x
Post a Comment