Hello to Everyone. Sorry I have been AWOL again. Firstly I had the awful lurgy that has been doing its rounds and secondly I did not have the energy or the motivation to do anything much. Adding to that the fact that Andrew's operation was cancelled yet again until the 21st January as there were no beds available. So with my eldest Grandsons wedding taking place on the 31st January we were both a bit worried. However, hopefully things will go ok this time and he can still manage to get to the wedding.
My card today is one I had to make for a friend and really I don't know how I managed it. It is for a Ruby Wedding and thankfully it was loved. Dies saved my day this time, and I was glad at least I was able to produce something easy.
Still got my wedding outfit to alter, but everything else is sorted. Will be back on Sunday with my card for the CCChallenge. Keep safe and warm in this awful weather. Hugs Rita xxx
ps. This was one of my 'Artist Teddy Bear s.' His name is Brochan. ( gaelic for Porridge.) He now lives in the USA
24 comments:
Hi Rita, I am so glad that you are feeling a little better, you really did create the most beautiful card for the Ruby Wedding. I love the way you coloured those beautiful corners and the central die cut, the contrast is beautiful. I have everything crossed that Andrew's op goes ahead this time, it has been such a worrying time for you both. As for Brochan, he is simply stunning and I am sure he will be much loved in America. Take care my friend, keep warm! Big hugs, Anne xxx
Glad you are feeling a little better, I had it over Christmas and it really knocked me for six. I love the gorgeous Ruby Wedding card and I'm sure the recipients did too. As for Andrew's op - how many times can they cancel one persons operation? It must be so frustrating for you both, I hope this next time goes to plan.
Lorraine
P.S. Adorable teddy bear!
X
Absolutely stunning card Rita. Hugs, Veerle
You made a fabulous job of the card Rita despite being under the weather...it's beautiful and so elegant. Was just thinking about Andrew today and wondered whether the op had happened...fingers crossed for next time. Carol x
Love the card and the teddy is super. Sorry you have not been well, and that Andrew's OP has been postponed again! Hugs, Valerie
G
Ooopps!! Pressed the wrong button sorry about that.
Good morning Rita, sorry to hear you are still under the weather (((((hugs))))) to help.
Love your stunning card, it will be treasured. Dies to the rescue, what would we do without them??
Your bear is beautiful. I always admire Hazel's "Victoria" when I am her house she is wonderful.
Stay warm and safe in this horrible weather, we have at least 4inchs of snow and its on once again.
Hugs for both of you
Patricia xxx
Rita, what a beauty of a card!! No wonder it was loved! I love the fact you used that ruby colour and the whole lay out and what you did with the dies looks amazing!
Hope you will feel better and stronger soon, all the best for Andrew's appointment on the 21st and of course fingers crossed that all will go well with the wedding too, - can't wait to see some photos! Big Hugs and hope fully catch up some time soon!
xxx
So sorry to hear you've been feeling rough and also that the op was postponed yet again - how frustrating!! That is a beautiful card and the dies have worked so well for the occasion. All best wishes for 2015 and I hope everything goes to plan and that you are soon feeling on top of the world again.
Nearly forgot to comment on that wonderful bear - fabulous and what a good name too!!
Hope you soon start to feel better soon Rita..lets hope Andrews next appointment doesn't get cancelled. Your card is stunning and that little bear is just sooo adorable...
Anne
Wow, it's hard to believe the surgery has been cancelled yet again! I know that is so frustrating for you guys. Sorry you have not been well. Lots of people sick in these parts with the flu and pneumonia so I'm keeping myself to home! Love the card that color is so rich and yummy! Cute little bear!
So sorry you have been poorly, hope you are feeling better now. How annoying about hubby's op yet again being cancelled.
This Ruby card is so gorgeous sweetie, love the very rich colour and the layout is awesome.
Hugs
Cathy
xxx
How frustrating for you all, praying for good health for both of you guys!!!! Your card is amazing as always and the bear is so adorable!!!!!
So sorry to hear you have not been well, but your card is wonderful and I am sure it will be treasured by the recipient. To say the least how very frustrating for you that yet again your husbands op has been put on hold. Fingers crossed all will be well next time for him.
Your bear is so very adorable, I love him and his name too, so very apt.
Hugs
Margaret corgi owner
Hi Rita, so sorry to hear you have had the lurgy. I hope you are better now. Sorry to hear they cancelled his operation yet again.
Your card is gorgeous, love the rich colour and design.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Fabulous card Rita, great layout and colour.
Love the bear, he is so cute!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design
Your ruby celebration card is outstanding, Rita! Of course, it was loved and will be a cherished keepsake! I'm sorry you have been unwell and that Andrew's been postponed again with the wedding coming up. I pray that it will all work out this time and be successful! I wish there were more I could do to ease the stress you must be feeling. No wonder your mojo has gone underground. You take care of yourself, too, and try to let go of the things you can't control! (Easier said then done!) Big hugs, Darnell
Hello Rita, I hope by now you are feeling much better, some awful bugs going around just now.
How frustrating to have Andrew's op cancelled again. Shocking really, but that's this Tory gov. for you, a great need to give the NHS mor funding.
Gorgeous card, love the dies you've used and that beautiful ruby papers, I'm sure it was loved, take care, hugs Kate x
Hi Rita hope you are feeling much better there seem to be lots of nasty bugs going around Paul is just getting over one. ..sorry to hear your hubbys op has been cancelled again the NHS is shocking right now something news to be drastically done we waited 9 hours for Paul to see someone when he took ill over Christmas...have a wonderful weekend and lots of huggles Sue xxx
Oh Rita, sorry to hear you were not feeling well. Today's card is just gorgeous, gosh the colors and die cuts are fabulous. What a darling teddy bear, such talent.
Best of the New Year.
Diane
Well you certainly pulled it off with this lovely card. What an absolutely super Teddy. hugs Mrs A.
What a beautiful card Rita, stunning colours. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well and your Hubby's op has been cancelled. At least the wedding will be something to really look forward to. Take good care of yourselves.
Hugs Jennifer xx
Rita sorry you are still feeling a bit under the weather. All these bugs that are on the go making so many unwell. Poor Andrew having to wait again, I some times think it's the end of the year and the money has run out too. Will keep fingers crossed he doesn't have it cancelled again. Love your card, great use of your die cuts. Hazel xx
Happy New Year to you Rita! So sorry it's off to a meager start...no fun, but I wish you health! Gorgeous wedding card...love the color and lace!
Post a Comment