HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Sunday, 31 March 2019

Christmas Club Challenge 7 ; Theme is Santa

Hi Everyone.  Time again for another challenge on our CCC, and for My Theme this time I chose Santa.  Personally I do love nice faced Santas and for my cards I hope they show that. The first one is 8X8 and verging on Vintage as I do love that too. The image is from a Joanna Sheen CD from a few years back. I used Tartan paper and part of some packaging that I colour washed with white ink. Finished it off with hand crafted foliage and a pretty poinsettia.. My second card is a 6X6.  I cut an aperture on the card and then added a scalloped edge in red card to highlight the image, again the Poinsettias were made by myself. Hope you all enjoyed my challenge this time round. Have a Good Week.  Hugs Rita xxx



 

16 comments:

dutchess said...

Hi Rita...they are both lovely Santa’s ...I too like my Santa’s to have a traditional look ...either that or cartoons and cute...
Happy mother’s day hope you enjoy xxxxx

Christine Harrop said...

I have that vintage image of your Santa too and I really love it Rita.The second Santa is so smiley and with that twinkle in his eye! Two great cards. Hugs Christine xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Rita, two gorgeous cards, beautifully designed vintage style on the first one and I love the cheery face of the Santa on your second one.
I super challenge, thank you, Kate x x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A super theme this time Rita thanks. Tow wonderful cards but I just love the vintage Santa image you have used on the first card and coupled with your tartan papers it looks fabulous.
Lorraine

Zoe Tant said...

Super vintage style cards Rita. Thanks for a fun and easy challenge. Zoe x

Wendy L said...

Two lovely cards Rita. Love the vintage feel of the first one.
Hope you are keeping well, xxxx

gwen70 said...

two wonderful Santa cards, love the image

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous Rita, love the Santa's.
Hugs
Linda xxx

rachel said...

Great theme Rita ..thankyou - and I adore your cards! Brilliant! That first santa is truely scrumptious! Hugs rachel x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rita
Two fabulous cards... both stunners... we have been to Spain for the weekend so not made my card yet...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Redanne said...

A perfect theme for this round of cards Rita, the vintage Santa is gorgeous and your second card is lovely too. Hope you have a good week. Hugs, Anne xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Two fantastic vintage look cards Rita, love the santa images you used,they both look super!!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Rita, loving your cards. I have that CD- seeing the image reminded me. I always thought it an odd colour for Santa, but doing a bit of research earlier, apparently that was traditional! Who knew? Late this week, busy Mothers Day, lol. Hugs, Shaz X

Annie said...

Your Santa cards are stunning mammy x I love the images and great design xx
Huge hugs πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸŒ·πŸŒΌπŸŒˆ

Mrs A. said...

Sorry I am a day late . I have a spanking new router now so hopefully my troubles are all over. Love both of these vintage looking style Santas and love your addition off the poinsettias. Thankyou for the fab choice of theme. Hugs Mrs A.

Elizabeth said...

Apologies for being so late, Rita. Life!!! I like my Santa's to have nice faces too, just like your two. Love cards and your poinsettias are gorgeous. Hugs xx