HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Sunday, 29 March 2020

Christmas Card Club. Christmas Candles

Hello Everyone.  Hope you are all staying safe and obeying all the rules as advised by our government at this terrible time.  Little did we know that whilst we were celebrating Christmas and New Year that our Spring was going to be like this.   I am seriously Self Isolating and glad at least I have a garden.  So please Stay Safe and enjoy your crafting or any other hobbies that you enjoy. 

So this Challenge was chosen my me and I would like to see Candles on your cards. I used the same stamp to make 2 different  cards. The stamp was by Heartfelt Creations from a good few years ago  and was the only candle stamp I could find. First one is an 8 X 8 card matted with gold card before I added my candle stamp that I heat embossed with gold EP. The sentiment was from Cottage crafts and the Large Poinsettia was TH dies embossed with print.  The second card was stamped with onyx black ink and coloured with Izink pens. Matted on to blanks I bought many years ago from Kanban warehouse. Hope you all enjoyed making your cards for this Challenge and the next one will be into April. Please Stay Safe until this terrible situation gets better and we are released into the safe world again.   Hugs Rita xxxx






19 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rita
Two fabulous cards....
keep safe ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Christine Harrop said...

Great stamp Rita and two lovely cards. Hugs Christine x

gwen70 said...

2 beautiful cards Rita, stay safe xx

Glenda said...

I recognized immediately that these stamps and dies used were Heartfelt Creations. And some of my favorites I might add! Your card is lovely and isn't it wonderful to have a jump on the upcoming Christmas!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Isn't it lovely how one stamp can be used to create two very different and beautiful cards. I love them both.
Trying to keep occupied with crafting but I'm afraid I sit in my room most of the time and achieve nothing, my mojo has vanished.
Stay safe,
Lorraine

dutchess said...

It’s a great stamped image Rita and one that is so versatile....I went with heartfelt as well....
We are seriously staying in and just pottering in the garden and doing crafting...catching up on some box sets I bought so keeping sane so far.....take care xxxx

Aquarius said...

Just goes to show how the same stamp can be used to make very different cards - great work. I'm staying indoors too but plenty to keep me occupied.

Stamps and Paper said...

Two lovely cards Rita...like a lot of people I'm confined in doors but thankfully we have a garden so can venture out side and of course what would we do without our crafting...

Anne

Words and Pictures said...

Glad to hear you are isolating. We have been too, since before the government advised it! Like you, I'm deeply grateful to have a small outdoor space to escape to, and enough craft supplies to last out several epidemics!!

Your festive cards are lovely - I particularly like the white and gold one - so elegant and serene, and the text on the poinsettia is a magical touch.
Stay safe.
Alison x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Rita, what gorgeous cards, lovely how the one stamps can looks so different. Would you believe I don't have any Heartfelt stamps or dies, keep meaning to look at them as they look so pretty.
Glad to hear that you are doing well keeping isolated and you are getting out in your lovely wee garden. I did reply to your text about Molly. You keep on keeping safe, hugs Kate x

Mrs.B said...

Two lovely cards Rita, even though you8've used the same stamps, they look so different, well done.
We're self isolating too, I think it's the only way to help beat this virus and between gardening and crafting we'll all stay sane.
Stay safe, Avril xx

Wendy L said...

Love the cards today Rita, anything with music is a winner in my book,xxxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Rita,
what gorgeous cards and that candle stamp is so lovely.
Love your wonderful designs they are gorgeous.
Beautiful poinsettias at the base of the candles and love edition of the music too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous Rita, I love the candles, I hope you are keeping well.
Hugs
Linda xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Rita, two lovely cards, Love how they look so different, gorgeous idea. Love the stamping onto the vellum flowers. Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz X

rachel said...

Glad you are doing okay Rita - your cards are beautiful! Thanks for this challenge - hugs Rachel x

Zoe Tant said...

Hi Rita thanks for a lovely challenge. Your cards are lovely and both very elegant. Love the added details on the second with the carol and date. Keep safe and well hugs Zoe x

scrappymo! said...

These are both lovely, Rita. Your stamp is very similar to mine!

Love seeing the two ways you used this stamp. They both look great!
I especially love the way you stamped on the poinsettia flower embellishment with that script writing. It is very effective!

Thanks for this challenge, Rita. You got me colouring which I have not been doing too much of as my hands are swollen again due to a medication I take.
I got up earlier each day to make this one as they are slightly better in the mornings!

Mrs A. said...

Two fabulous cards using the same candle stamp. Like them both. My garden has never been so weed free!! We are self isolating and managing to keep occupied. Stay safe and well. Hugs Mrs A.