HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Thursday, 23 February 2012

A Stitch in Time

Hi again. Firstly I want to say a big Thank-You to all of you for the kind wishes left on my blog. My Wrist/Hand is improving but I still have a good bit to go yet. Anyway, after looking at Hels Sheridan's blog and loving what I saw there I thought I'd give her Sunday challenge a bash. Its the first time I have done anything like it as it was on a canvas ( my choice ), but it was good fun and really messy. The project could be called My Life as I qualified as tailoress/designer way back in 1957 so most of my canvas is what I loved for years until I found card-making. I've used lots of elements that I never considered before. The stamps are from Creative Expressions ( Vintage Sewing ) by Sam Poole and I hope you like my finished canvas. Maybe I this will inspire you to have a go at something different.  Thanks for looking and all your comments are so appreciated.  Hugs Rita xxxx Sorry about the quality of the pictures .




15 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

What a fabulous card Rita...love all the embellishments a super card for a patchworker or dressmaker..

Anne

Doreen said...

This is absolutely fabulous Rita,love all the embellies.xxx

Creative Studios by Sam Poole said...

This is just gorgeous! I bet you had so much fun decorating a canvas instead of a card for a change. Big thumbs up from me! Thanks for sharing, Sam xxx

Carol said...

This is fantastic Rita, love what you've done to your canvas. I saw some in Hobbycraft last week but wondered what to do with them - now I know!! Carol x

Rosietoes said...

Fabulous canvas Rita. Gorgeous and so much work but worth it!

Glad you are getting there with your wrist.
Take care.

Edna x

Crystal said...

OOOOO look at all the detail here, GORGEOUS Rita!

Jan said...

Gorgeous cards Rita, welcome back xx Jan

Beryl K said...

This is amazing Rita, a fabulous canvas. A lot of work gone into creating it, but certainly worth it
Beryl x

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous Rita, so many details, love it!
Helen x

Hels Sheridan said...

oooh Rita, this is amazing hun, I love it!! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper... hope to see you back again soon! BTW... the flowers for that gold rose brooch? They were all Studio 490 stamps :O)) x

Barb Cady said...

Wonderful canvas Rita, Love your work. Hope your wirst is bettet soon. Xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A fabulous canvas Rita and it sounds like you had a lot of fun doing it.

Wendy -x-

Shirley-Anne said...

Oh Rita sorry I have not visited for a while since your fall but I hope that the wrist keeps on improving and you are enjoying craft again .
So many elements to your canvas , so much texture .This project could sit on the coffee table as a centre piece of conversation .
LOVE IT .

Redanne said...

Rita, this is absolutely wonderful, I love those Sam Poole stamps too and you have certainly put them to good use on your canvas. Lovely.

M said...

Ahh wow, I absolutely LOVE this project! So beautifully made! I am your newest follower! M x