Thursday, 5 July 2012
60th Birthday Card & Bag
Hello folks, Well the sun is shining brightly here to-day and its very warm too. I really hope it lasts. Anyway, my card to-day is an 8 X 8 60th Birthday Card. My card is white and layered with turquoise. I used another piece of white card and die cut the corners with the Anja Rose die, I actually had to buy 2 of them as one is no use when it came to embossing. I then overstamped with Inkylicious Summer Morn stamps using versamark smokey grey ink. I edged the bottom with white lace and added a strip of SP Lace Doily accents. Dies again were used to make the centrepiece with teal & turquoise card. The verse stamp is also on the Summer Morn stamp set. I then added some swirls, leaves and flowers. The yellow Gardenia in the centre was one I made myself, and the smaller ones are from Wild Orchid. As with most of my large cards I made a matching bag. Off to do some ironing now as needs must sometimes. Enjoy your Day and Thank-You again for your lovely comments and the friendship we share with each other. Hugs Rita xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


28 comments:
beautiful card Rita - really lovely colours xx
Hello Rita
This is so special.
Beautiful attention to detail and the bag is a glorious touch.
Wishes
Lynne
A really beautiful card and how lovely to have a pretty bag for it as well. I know what you mean about needing two dies when you need to emboss as well as cut, especially if you use the Big Shot which requires a different platform level too!!
Love your card and bag Rita such gorgeous colours and fab design.xxx
Beautiful card and bag Rita, love your colours. Carol x
Oh Rita! I spied your card on your desk and couldn't wait to see it, and you have come up trumps again. The level of detail on this is superb and you have got just the right flowers to embellish it. Hugs, Buttons x
Hi Rita, this just took my breath away, I love that anya corner die and the flower you made yourself is stunning. You have a real eye for putting die cuts together beautifully and this card is no exception. Stunning! Crafty hugs, Anne x
Hello Rita
Just gorgeous, and beautiful. I love the dies and colours.
luv
irene
xxxx
Beautiful card. It is a pity that they don't sell these dies in packs of two as one is useless on it's own and they are beautiful.
It's gorgeous, Rita. Love the bag too, the colours are beautiful. Hazel x
Beautiful card and bag Rita, I love those corners on the card.
Kevin xx
Just gorgeous my friend! I love to visit and see all you are doing. Those creative juices seem to be flowing!
Rita the yellow magnolia you made yourself is stunning ....
What a fabulous 60 card and bag stunning work , I love the sentiment too well done Hugs Elaine
Beautiful card Rita gorgeous colours
Anne
Both are lovely Rita. You really do super work on your bags.
Hugs
Judie
Hi Rita what a beautiful set you have created, I totally love the design of the card it is beautiful and the added bag makes this a perfect gift set.
Hugs
Lorraine x
I wish I could have talent to do this. Very creative and beautiful!
Hi Rita, such a wonderful card and bag, loads of detail, a beautiful 60th birthday card. Michelle x
What a gorgeous card, Rita, and I love the matching bag too - that's a great idea. I love all the layers you have used, with your die cuts and the pretty colours. This card is going to go down very well, I know!
Thanks for your lovely comment. Yes, I am thrilled to be up to 100th follower, and so glad it was Anne! Blogging is such fun, and I've made so many lovely friends.
Shoshi
what a stunning card...and just loving the idea of a matching bag ..fantastic hugs sassyx
That's a lovely card but I am blown away by the bag. What a clever idea - and so original.
Love everything about your card and now am asking a favour - can you do us a tutorial on the flower - please, pretty please. It's gorgeous!
Hugs, Neet xx
Hello Rita, I love your card. You have such a flare for detail. It's gorgeous! I am so very happy that you liked my porch bench. It was fun to build and a nice place to sit and enjoy the neighborhood in the afternoon when it's shady out front. Thank you for popping in and visiting, Connie :)
Hi Rita. Not sure if you're going to be posting this weekend and I wanted to say a huge happy birthday to you. Hope you have the best of weekends, that you get spoiled rotten by that lovely family of yours, and that you get to have a rest. Huge hugs to you, Buttons x
...hello Rita, you don't know me but i've popped over from Anne's she has said it's your birthday! so I'd like to wish you many happy returns & have a wonderful day...Mel :)
Just piped across from annes to say happy birthday..hope you have a wonderful day!trace x
I love both the bag and the card Rita and how beautiful is that flower you made?
luv
J
Oh boy look at all the die cut loveliness! This is beautiful Rita! :-) Thank you so much for your visit and comment at my blog. Hope you and yours fair well in all the flooding you mentioned in the above post. Hugs!
Absolutely gorgeous Rita!
Helen x
Post a Comment