HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Happy Days

Good Morning my friends.  Here I am after having had a very busy week-end with family visits etc, not that I am complaining. I feel so lucky that my family are around me most of the time and I love them all to bits.
So a little story of the fabulous day I had yesterday when Annie and I picked up Astrid  from the station on her visit to us.  We all really got on from the minute we met and the day just got better and better. Annie was so organised and had everything all set up for a great crafty day, so after some tea & cakes we started to craft, exchanging lots of tips along the way. Astrid herself has a wonderful knowledge of craft and art and soon it was lunchtime. Annie had prepared a lovely lunch for us and again more chat throughout, I don't think our tongues stopped all day. We exchanged some gifts and Annie gave us both a super goody bag of things she bought whilst in Germany.  The day went past much to quickly and before we knew it, we had to get Astrid to the station for her journey home.  So thanks to both Annie and Astrid for a wonderful day and a new friendship has begun. I have a few pictures of our day and I'm sure you can see some more on the girls blogs too.  I'm off to lunch to-day with my friend Jan, so no crafting till I get back at least.   Hope you all have a wonderful day and that crafter's of the world unite.    Hugs Rita xx

 PS:  You can view more photos Here



23 comments:

rachel said...

awww - that sounds like a fabulous day! Thanks for sharing this with us all - wonderful xx

Aquarius said...

That sounds like the ideal way to spend a day - so pleased you had a good time.

craftieodmae said...

sounds like you did have a fantastic day.........I enjoyed reading about it!!!!

Annie said...

It was a brilliant day and despite out excitement at meeting we got creative as well. Your flower tutorial was perfect mammy.

Hugs Annie x

Selma said...

Oh how fun. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

Patricia said...

Aww! Rita you lucky lady what a fantastic day to have.
Great pictures, thank you for sharing them with us.
Hugs

Patricia xxxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

So glad Rita that you had a great day together. It is nice to craft with friends and family. I miss my craft days I use to have with friends since moving away 19 months ago. Lovely photo's.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Jenny Marples said...

So pleased you all enjoyed yourselves together. I know you were so looking forward to it. Hope you get to meet up again soon. Hugs, Jenny x

May said...

Hi Rita, What a perfect day food, crafting & dear friends & family... I saw the other pics over at Astrid's blog...so glad you all had a super day... Hugs May x x x

Netty said...

sounds a wonderful day Rita, 3 lovely lady crafters together, thank you for sharing, hugs Annette x

Emma said...

Thanks for sharing your crafty day Rita, sounds wonderful! xxx

cuilliesocks said...

What a great day you all had and what wonderful photos, had a look at Astrid's too.
It's marvellous when you meet fellow crafters and become friends, I know cos it's happened to me, Hugs kate x

Words and Pictures said...

Had a look at Astrid's version earlier - sounds and looks like a lovely meeting of creative minds - love to you all!
Alison x

Astrid Maclean said...

Great photos Rita and as you know, I had the most fantastic day too, both Annie and you were so welcoming, I had a fab time from beginning to end!! Can't wait til the next time!!! Hope you had a lovely lunch today and have a wonderful evening still!!

Thanks again also for the wonderful gifts and the great teaching!!

Hazel said...


Rita, glad you had a great day. It's so nice to meet people you have come to know from blogging, as Kate has said we have had that pleasure too, now I am looking forward to November when we are meeting up with some moe at the NEC

Hazel

Sue said...

Awww Rita so glad you had a great day. Its so lovely to meet other crafters and friends from your blogs. lots of huggles hun Sue xxx

Terry said...

What lovely photos and how much fun you all had! It is always such a treat to meet up with our crafty and blogging friends! Enjoy!

Anne said...

That sounds like a wonderful day. Lovely photos as well. Anne x

Jenny L said...

Hi Rita,
lovely photos of you all, and your day sounds just the best.
You can't beat crafting with other craft loving buddies. I always find the day slips by sooooo quickly when crafting.
Strongly recommended for anyone that is on their own and feeling lonely.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Diane said...

Wonderful photos Rita, sounds like you had a fabulous time.

Regards Diane

Redanne said...

So pleased to hear that you had a lovely day with Astrid and Annie, crafty friends and family are just the best! Great photos too! Hugs, Anne x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a wonderful time!!!! I'm so envious! I can just imagine all the fun techniques taught and the laughing!!!!

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Fabulous day :)