Take Care and I'll be around your blogs, even if I'm not posting. Hugs Rita xxxx
Tuesday, 13 August 2013
Being Creative with Paint
Hello my Friends. I've certainly been busy since my last post, and amongst other goings on I managed to finish my second creation that I didn't get finished at Astrid's on Saturday. This has definately been a learning curve for me, as I really have never worked with Acrylic paint before. Its been such fun, but I had no idea how vivid a lot of the colours are. However, I'm really pleased with the outcome and learned so much on this, my first journey in to Mixed Media. In between I am rearranging my craft room and my walk in cupboard as both have the wrong things in the wrong places. What an wonderful mess I have created, but hopefully I have got it right this time around, the main reason is I have had far too many hobbies over the years and I'm loathe to part with any of them. Maybe by Thursday I'll be back creating again as I need to make a start on some orders and of course the dreaded Christmas cards.
Take Care and I'll be around your blogs, even if I'm not posting. Hugs Rita xxxx
Take Care and I'll be around your blogs, even if I'm not posting. Hugs Rita xxxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




34 comments:
lovely creation Rita love the colours
jacqui x
This looks fab Rita. You've certainly been enjoying your adventures into mixed media. :)
Edna x
Hi Rita, you have certainly got the hang of this mixed media very quickly. Your canvas is beautiful. I too, am busy reorganising my craft room....... how did I ever get so much stuff! Hugs, Anne x
Great that you got this finished - it is lovely and well done for sorting your craft things out. I should do the same as I have way too much accumulated over the years but can't bear to part with any of it!!
I think you're becoming a fabulous mixed media artist, Rita!! Your canvases are beautiful and no one would ever think they were you're first.
I know what you mean about too many hobbies and not wanting to let go of any of them! I have the same problem!
what a wonderful piece Rita - I'm only just getting to grips with acrylics too but find them very versatile! Good luck with the reorganisation - would you like to do mine - lol!!!!
Beautiful work. I have been catching up with your blog. Have been busy and away visiting my mum again. Anne x
Gosh this looks really great Rita.I don't envy you the reorganisation! Good luck.Christine x
Hello Rita
I am here to play catch-up with your blog posts and what a wonderful start as this is so rich in detail, texture and what gorgeous colours and sentiment - can you guess I like it very, very much!
Wishes
Lynne
Wow mammy........ this is fabulous. I love the way it has turned out and can see you are really enjoying it too.
I have not even looked at my canvas yet as I have been so busy.......maybe tomorrow night
Hugs
Annie x
Hello Rita, what a gorgeous canvas, wonderful colours and images. The verses are beautiful, love the whole thing Rita.
Good luck with the sorting out, Hugs Kate x
This is fabulous Rita,so much detail I love it!!
Kevin xx
Beautiful, Rita - and I'm guessing this will be the start of a whole new crafty obsession. I love what you've done with the colours here, and all the layers of texture and embellishing work brilliantly.
Alison x
Hello Rita
Congrats on your card.... Stunning ... Love it....
Hugs Sylvie xx
This is fab Rita! love what you've done huggles hun Sue xx
Rita? very nice creation! Ilove all the elements you did!
A gorgeous canvas Rita. You should be rightly proud. Love that blend of colours and all your wonderful stencilling. Hugs, Jenny x
Wow Rita what an incredible fusion of colour and texture, the fun you've had creating this shines through. Love it.
Hugs Brenda xxx
Looking good! I Can see you´re growing and going over to a style of your own! Inky greetings, Gerrina
WOw Rita this is beautiful, gorgeous colours and love all the different textures...
ANne
This second creation is equally as gorgeous as the first Rita.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx
WOW Rita, I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how this one turned out, such an amazing combination of colours, just stunning! Great you showed some earlier photos too so we can see the transformations. The other elements you have added since I last saw it, have just finished it to perfection!
Good luck with the craft room re-organisation!!
Rita this is just perfection! I love everything about it!
WOWZERS!!!! This is eye popping, jaw dropping gorgeous!
Love it Rita, this it is amazing I am sure it is even more beautiful in real life.
I really like the effect and the textures you have created.
Happy crafting
Hugs
Patricia xxx
Beautiful canvas, love all the colour and textures
Joan
Your texture looks just wonderful on your card Rita. Love all the colors too. You so lucky to be able to craft and do arts with Astrid. Wow!
Hugs...Leanne
Hi Rita,
now this is another of your superb creations. I love the colours used and such beautiful detailing .
Have a wonderful crafty evening.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.
Wow Rita this one is gorgeous...I can see you getting hooked lol. Carol x
I'm a bit intimidated with paint too Rita. I love the modeling paste though and you've created some great texture on your card. Glad your having fun branching out. Hugs!
Hi Rita, Beautiful canvas, lovely texture and colours, Hope the reorganisation of the craft room is going well.
Avril x
Stunning canvas Rita... Love all the wonderful textures, colours,.. Fabulous work... Hugs May x x x
Wow Rita this looks amazing those colours and the design are awesome, truly wonderful creation.
hugs
lorraine x
Oh, Rita, it's sensational! Love all the texture and the flowers. I had to giggle at the state of your work area (everything in the wrong places sums up my mid-cleaning state, too!)
Post a Comment