HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Friday, 9 March 2012

Diamonds are Forever

Between hospital visits and Physio appts I feel as if I'm never at home. However, I did get to a craft show yesterday at SECC Glasgow with my friend,and had a super day. We met up with some crafting friends and enjoyed our lunch to-gether. To-day I have struggled to finish a card for Sunday Stampers, this week the theme is diamonds and so I thought about engagements again. Using a label and the lattice embossing folder I then distressed it using 3 distress inks. I added some  chipped shaped butterflies that I also inked and crackled. My rose was made using Hels Tutorial and I'm very pleased with the result. The leaves are spellbinders rose creations.  Hope you enjoy looking at my cards. I appreciate all your comments.  Hugs Rita xxx

20 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

They sure are!!!! And this tag is fabulous! I love the background embossed image and the color screams Spring! Gorgeous!

Stamps and Paper said...

Rita this is so pretty and love the diamond touch. Its always nice to get together with crafting friends...hope you manage to find some nice craftng goodies?

Anne

Doreen said...

This is just beautiful Rita.xxx

Carol said...

Georgeous card, I like the saying.

Redanne said...

Rita, this is just stunning, the colours on the background are beautiful and love all the little sparkly bits too. Really, really lovely.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

I love the gorgeous colour and all the texture you used Rita. Diamonds and flowers - lovely.

Irene said...

A beautiful card Rita, I love the design and gorgeous colours. The sparkly gems and flowers add the perfect finish to a stunning card.
luv
irene
xxxx

Carol said...

This is beautiful Rita, love it. Hope you got some nice goodies yesterday - did you find the Heartfelt stuff? It was great to catch up with you again. Carol x

Jennie said...

Love the colors you used and the whole thing!

Aquarius said...

This is a great take on the diamond theme with the embossing and gems - lovely colours and the flowers and leaves are brilliant

Glenda said...

Rita, this is lovely! I love the colors you chose and those little butterflies are adorable!

Crystal said...

OOOO Rita this sure is BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE the colors, your embellishments, and the whole tag just turned out stunning!!

Hels Sheridan said...

how lovely, the whole piece makes me think about Spring, the colours are just perfect! Hope that your week has got better and health is better too.... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... big hug for ya x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Rita, love that embossing folder!
Helen x

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Rita, thank you for your visit .Glad you enjoyed the craft show and the company of craft friends
love the details on that fab tag on the card .Beautiful butterflys too .

Unknown said...

Hi Rita , love the embossing on the tag and how you have placed it with label 23. FAB well done .
Hugs Elaine

Annie said...

What a beautiful Tag. I love the way its within the spellbinder frame.

Gorgeous. Happy Crafting Annie :)

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Rita this is absolutely gorgeous what a beautiful design that tag is superb, the colours you have used look so lovely, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Annie said...

How lovely mammy. Really lovely tag, well distressed with lovely colours. Thank you for leaving comments on my blog. Annie :)

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, this is stunning, Rita!