HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Tuesday, 20 November 2012

First Christmas

Morning my lovely blogging friends.  Here is another rather quick Christmas card , well, I have to get through them somehow. my base card is red ,matted with green and I've used two embossing folders for the white background. Then I used a Tim Holtz stamp called First Christmas and distressed it with Fired Brick and Pine Needles and gave it a spray of iridescent sparkle from Crafter's Companion. I matted & layered it with green & gold, before adding to the card. The lampost was from a set by Jayne Nesterenko and I added some polar white flowersoft here & there, before adding the LOTV sentiment and the small holly branch.  I hope you noticed that I never put a bow on this one.  I hope you are all enjoying your crafting.  Hugs Rita xx



13 comments:

Selma said...

Good Morning Rita. Your vintage Christmas card is so pretty. I love your layout. That is a beautiful lamp post.

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Rita,love the details.xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely Christmas card Rita..lovely traditional colours

Anne

Christine Harrop said...

Very pretty card Rita. Like the use of the two different embossing folders. Christine x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Lovely card Rita

jacqui x

Patricia said...

Hi Rita,
What NO Bow???
Kidding apart this is beautiful, nice traditional colours.

Patricia x

Netty said...

It doesn't look very quickly made to me Rita.....a fab Christmas card, x

Redanne said...

I love that Father Christmas stamp, have seen it a couple of times today - the colouring on him is beautiful and love that lamp post too. A really beautiful card and I agree with Netty it does not look like a quick one. Yes, I did notice the lack of bow......... does not detract from the card in any way though. Hugs, Anne x

Inkypinkycraft said...

A great card, love the fab Santa image and the way you have colouwred him! Trace x

Anonymous said...

All your Christmas cards truly capture a beautiful warm nostalgia, this card being no different.
Wishes
Lynne
P.S. Are you sure it was a quick card?!!!

Annie said...

This is gorgeous mum and even nicer in reality. Happy crafting to you x

Annie x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Rita, I love that lamp post
Kevin xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Rita,
Another super Christmas card. Wonderful design and colours.
Love that image.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.