HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Hello again my dear friends. I had my ECG to-day and have to await the results now.  Needless to say I did not have much time to craft.  However, here is a Birthday card I did for a coming birthday.  Its another 8 X 8 hammered card and I used my large embossing folder on lilac card ,then sanded it to do the background. Both stamps were bought at the SECC from Inkylicious because I fell in love with them, you know what I mean.  I used my brayer and splodge mat ( love it ) to get the two tone effect on the parisiene lady and on the sentiment I used the same colour of distress inks. The beautiful silver grey feathers I bought in Primark for 50 pence and I halved then in two to make the embellishment.I used purple velvet ribbon to add some colour and I'm really pleased with the outcome.  I  need to make more Christmas cards now, time is going to catch up with me if I don't.   Hope you all have a lovely evening.    Hugs Rita xxx



19 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous colours live your feather embellishment

Anne

Crafty Lark said...

Gorgeous card, what a great result and I love the colours. xx Flora

Anonymous said...

Hi Rita
This is glorious, a lovely sense of mystery and that feather is a fabulous touch.
Thinking of you as you await the results.
Wishes
Lynne

Netty said...

LOL at reading your post today Rita as we have both used Inkylicious for cards when we should be making Christmas cards, how uncanny is that.
Loving your gorgeous card and hope your ECG results were good. Annette x

Annie said...

Fabulous elegant card mammy. Gorgeous image and the feather sets it off x hugs Annie x

Redanne said...

Wow Rita, this is a stunning card, love both stamps and the colours you have used are so feminine and gorgeous. Just love it and the feathers make a real statement too. Hope the results are good ones. We are off for a couple of days to see Evie. Big crafty hugs, Anne x

Karin said...

gorgeous card, love the colors and the feather on it!

Inkypinkycraft said...

A beautiful card ..
Hope the results are good..
Hugs trace x

Irene said...

Hello Rita

Oh my what a stunning and gorgeous card i LOVE it. The colours are amazing and your techniques beautiful, the addition of the feather is perfect.

I hope you receive your results soon.
luv
irene
xxxx

Doreen said...

What a beautiful card Rita,love the colours.xxx

Glenda said...

You continue to WOW me every time I come to visit! This is stunning. Your choice of colors is perfect!

Jenny L said...

Hi Rita,
such a fabulous card. Love all the work to make it such a wonderful colour. I am never disappointed when I Visit to see your lovely creations.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is lovely Rita love the colour

jacqui x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Rita, I like the colours, the face stamp and the feathers.
Kevin xx

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card Rita, gorgeous colours!
Helen x

Shirley-Anne said...

Love the frame for the face image and the blending of colours and the sanding of the embossed layer.
Hope the news from medico is good news ..
hugs Shirley-Anne

Jenny Marples said...

This is beautiful Rita. Love your choice of colours and the distressed embossing is just the perfect background. A repeat performance required for the latest Sunday Stampers challenge? Hugs, Buttons x

Sue said...

Wow Rita this is absolutely gorgeous. I love your stamps, and the colours are perfect. I can see I need to go to Primark lol x

May said...

Gorgeous card Rita.. Beautiful stamps & colours..Love of use of feathers... I do hope all is well with your ECG Results... Hugs May x x x