HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Saturday, 13 July 2013

Birthday Book card

Hello folks.  Hopefully you are all able to enjoy the wonderful sunshine. I rarely sit in the sun, but under the parasol and I'm ok.  Where on earth are the weeks flying to. We go on holiday next weekend ,so hopefully I can recharge the old batteries for some new ones. 
To-day was my dear hubby's birthday and I made him what was called a book card years ago, but now it has a different name.  He loves his music, so it was very apt to add something musical into his card. I gave him some money and he can have a spend when he feels like it.  Me, it would burn a hole in my pocket, only because of my oversized wishlist,although it has reduced considerably since last week. 
Thank-you all for the lovely comments you leave on my blog as I know you are busy and time is so precious to us all.   Hugs Rita xxx



29 comments:

rachel said...

this is fabulous Rita - what a clever idea! Big Hugs Rachel x

Sue said...

This is great Rita I bet he loved it! Weather is far too hot me and I've been waiting till its cooled down in the evening to take Ollie out huggles hun Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your husband.
Such a special card and so very clever. The guitars inside are really rather cool!
Rita, have a lovely time on your holidays.
Wishes
Lynne

Carol said...

This is fabulous Rita, bet hubby loved it. Much cooler here today which was a relief after yesterday. Carol x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the design,fab colours.xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful card Rita, I like the design, I bet he loved it!
Kevin xx

Words and Pictures said...

What a great card, Rita!
Alison x

Patricia said...

Good Morning Rita,
Happy Birthday to your Hubby hope he had a great day. He certainly got a smashing card and "money" which he will spend soon I am sure.
I love what you did with this Book Card. I remember making a few of these years ago. It is amazing how things come round again and again.
Really cool over here on the East yesterday. Still very dull and looks like it could rain today.
Took inspiration from you for what I have on offer today.
Thank you so much for that.
Have a Great Day
Hugs

Patricia xx

Redanne said...

Hi Rita, the card is wonderful, so clever of you to create that 'book' element.I really do hope that your holiday refreshes you! We are off to visit my Son in Kent later this week too, really looking forward to a change now that I am starting to ward off this horrible virus! Take care. Hugs, Anne x

Jenny Marples said...

Love this Rita. The interior is just as exciting as the exterior! Enjoy your holiday. Hugs, Jenny x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Your card is lovely Rita, I love to see the different crafty creations you come up with and this is no exception
jacqui x

cuilliesocks said...

Good Morning Rita, and I hope your husband had a lovely birthday, I'm sure he loved his card cos it's just wonderful great design and musical embellishments.
Enjoy your Sunday, Kate xx

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous personalised book card for hubbie. Wishing him a happy birthday and have a wonderful holiday.
Happy Sunday.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Aquarius said...

This style of card seems to be all the rage at the moment and well worth the effort to make for someone special. I am sure he will love it and hope he has a great birthday.

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful book card Rita (I still call them that, never heard a different name for them...). Such a lovely idea to add all these musical elements as he loves music!) I bet he loved it, it looks gorgeous! Enjoy your Sunday and the sunshine and happy. happy holidays when they come!!

Marie-Louise said...

Great book card Rita. I am sure that your husband was delighted with it.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Belated Happy Birthday to your husband Rita. This is an awesome creation and I am sure he adored it as much as I do.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Emma said...

Beautiful card Rita, being relatively new to card making I've not seen one of these, book card seems a great name for it.
Have a lovely weekend xx

craftieodmae said...

that is just to fantastic!!!!!

Maryanne said...

I love your book card! With the music theme I'm sure your husband loved it! Happy birthday to him!

Jenny L said...

Hi Rita,
another super creation. Love this idea. Great use of everything in this. Fabulous detailing as usual.
Have a wonderful crafty Sunday.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Hazel said...


Rita, your card is great. My son-in-law would love this, it's his 50th next month so I might see if my wonderful Big Sis can make something like this.
Hope your husband had a good birthday.

Hazel xxx

Tracy said...

I love this style of card. It's so perfect for special gift giving. You did a great job of carrying the music theme throughout Rita. Hope your hubby had a wonderful day. Hugs!

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Happy Birthday to your husband :) Beautiful card :)

Netty said...

A terrific gift to give your hubby Rita, fab work as usual, hugs Annette x

Leanne ... said...

Rita
I'm sure your dear husband will certainly be pleased with this one. Great card! Wish him a happy bday for all of us.
Hugs...Leanne

Kim Dellow said...

Oh that is just wonderful Rita! Gorgeous, I'm sure will love it! Kim

Marjie Kemper said...

What a gorgeous card, Rita. I love how you carried the music theme throughout from the gold on the outside all the way to the notes on the inside. Hope you have a lovely vacation.

Unknown said...

this is lovely, adore the colours you have used

happy crafting
Jay x