Good Morning Everyone. Hope you are all enjoying this fabulous weather. I feel so much better than I did in a while, and of course part of that was due to a lovely two days spent in the company of my very dear friend
Redanne as she is better known, and her lovely husband David. We started our friendship not long after Anne started blogging and this was the first time we had met. It was as if we knew each other for years and we got on like a house on fire right from the start. Andrew had a hospital appointment on Thursday and we all went along with him, luckily it did not take long, so it did not deter our time together. We had a meal together on Thursday night with Annie joining us, and poor David gave up his football just for us. Thank You, David . After our meal we sat on the balcony till nearly ten o'clock and sun was just beginning to set. Then on Friday my dear friends were off early to drive to Aberdeen, and have dinner with another friend of ours , the lovely
Kath Stewart, before Anne joins in with Everest Challenge workshop on Saturday. Would love to have gone, but I have my raffle tickets at the ready Kath. On Sunday my trekkers leave for Edinburgh and meeting up with our other dear friend
Astrid, for dinner at night. David you are a gem for making this visit possible and I'll always remember this time together. We promised each other we'd do it again. Here are some of the pictures I took of their visit. Enjoy your Day whatever you do.
Hugs Rita xxxx
Fabulous night
Friendship
Smile for the camera Girls
The Perfect Couple
Sunshades required
Serious business this crafting lark
The Sun was just setting
26 comments:
I'm so pleased you are feeling somewhat better now - obviously the get together was a good idea and did the trick. It is great to chat with like-minded friends. Hopefully you got my email with the rough instructions for the shaped card you enquired about? Obviously you won't have had time to play with the idea but I look forward to seeing a similar one on your blog some time.
You have no idea how happy I am to see this! It feels like we've all known each other forever even though it has been a few short years and it was heartbreaking not to have Anne with us at the Tim workshop. It's SO good to see you all getting together like this and having a great time. I'm sure it will have lifted all of your spirits. Thankfully David didn't miss much with the football. In fact he will have had a much more enjoyable time by spending it with you as the match was painful! Sending you all the hugest hugs, Jenny xxx
Lovely pics Rita. Great to meet up with like minded people, I,m hoping to meet a blogger in December when I,m back in UK. xxx
We will need to have a reunion Jenny. X
What lovely photos Rita, you all look very happy and contented. Glad you are feeling a bit better now sweetie.
Have a good weekend
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx
Happy photos Rita lovely to see smiling faces...take care now...aNNie xxx
Aww!! Rita I am so delighted for you.
You have been so looking forward to this meeting. I honestly thought you had met Anne before. Hazel and I were like that when we met up with Kate (Cullisocks). Got off the bus, started chatting as though we had known each other for years. It's a wonderful feeling, I am so looking forward to meeting up with you sometime soon.
Brilliant photos everyone looks so wonderfully happy.
Hugs
Patricia xx
Oh how lovely to see those pictures of you all having such a lovely time together.... Like Jenny, I often think about that close shave on the Tim workshop - it seemed so meant to be, and yet we didn't manage to pull it off. I'm delighted - though unsurprised - to see you hitting it off perfectly! So glad that the tonic of friendship has had its effect on your spirits too, Rita.
Alison xx
I am not surprised to hear that you had such a great time Rita! What a treat and it is lovely to see all the photographs. It seems strange to think of Anne being in Aberdeen and yet we are separated by such a huge lump of sea! One day perhaps soon I will get the chance to meet you all. And …. I am so pleased to hear that you are feeling so much better. Take care. Love and hugs from up north! Jennie x
I'm so pleased that you had such a great time meeting old/new friends Rita! Hugs Christine xx
How lovely to meet up with your blogging friends. Lovely to hear you are feeling so much better. Love the photographs too.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Rita so glad you had a good time with your friends, as Patricia said we meet Kate and it was like we had always known her. Hazel xx
Hello Rita, delighted to hear that you are feeling better and Iam sure meeting up with Anne and David, contributed to it. It's lovely to meet up with blogging friends, I just wish I could meet up with more of mine, maybe one day. Your photos look great can see you all had a great time, hugs Kate x
Thank you so much for posting about your wonderful meeting with Annie and David and showing the happy photos of your time together, Rita! There are people who scoff at "blogs" and I feel sympathy for them because they'll never understand how this wonderful stamping community has forged so many deep friendships among perfect strangers! To have the chance to meet online friends like this is the icing on the cake! It's like pen pals meeting after a few years of corresponding; it's natural that you feel as if you've known each other forever. Especially when all of you ladies are so kind and lovable to begin with!! I can see that the visit was a tonic for you and that makes me smile! I hope your spirits stay high! Thank you again! You are all as cute as can be!! Huge hugs, Darnell
Glad you had such a lovely day, it's good to have friends! Hugs, Valerie
the photos and smiles speak volumes Rita - I'm so glad you got to meet Anne - she's such a wonderful lady and it really does look like you had a wonderful time. I bet Anne had a great day today too! I had my raffle tickets ready but not heard anything so I suspect its not been my lucky day!!! Big Hugs to you! Rachel xx
Fantastic photos of you all and you all seem right at home with each other, so relaxed. So glad you got to meet Anne (I hope to one day too) and lovely to see you looking so well Rita and Annie back from her hols.Enjoy the rest of the weekend xxx
You all look lovely in your photos. Glad a good time was had by all. Looks like a beautiful day.
You all look lovely in your photos. Glad a good time was had by all. Looks like a beautiful day.
Gorgeous photos Rita, how lovely for you all to meet up... so glad you all had a super time...Hugs May x x
you look as though you all had a wonderful time...I had such a fun night with Anne and David and a wonderful crafty day on Saturday at the workshop...time spent with good friends is just the best thing ever...hope we can meet up again soon...hugs kath xxx
TFS the lovely pictures of your fabulous visit. How wonderful that you & Anne got to meet face to face. Isn't she is a jewel (and talented to boot). I can just imagine the chit-chat, crafty & otherwise, you got to enjoy in this 1st actual physical meeting. Sweet of your hubby to give up some time to enjoy the visitors too. These were such great pictures of you & the buddies, I so enjoyed seeing them. And thinking of you enjoying a sunset until after 10pm. Awesome. Hope all of you have a super crafting time with whatever activities each of you are doing. Life is good. TFS & many Hugs. Glad to see that happier times are with you now.
Craft blogging really does bridge the gap of far away places and the people we thought we could never meet! I love that you and Anne met, and I am sure a friendship that will last a lifetime! What a beautiful place as well! I too hope to meet all of you lovely ladies, especially Annie someday! A gorgeous post, and I am so happy you are feeling bright and cheery!
Oh these are so lovely to see Rita! You all look terrific. Safe trip home to Anne and David. Nicola x
Its so lovely to see how lasting friendships are made through our blogs. Looks like you all had a great time. Glad your feeling better.
Julie x
What a happy happy post! I love seeing you all together and know exactly what you mean about a house onfire when you meet for the first time.
Post a Comment