HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Special Birthday Card

Hi Everyone.   Its been a gorgeous day here ,but still a bit windy too.  Great for the washing though.
As most of you know I have been pretty irregular at posting in the last few months,  however,  all that was about to change last week,  when Annie asked if I'd made her card yet,  so she said she would like an envelope style card this year with lots of mixed media work on it.   So I gave it a go and as her birthday is today I can show you her card.    A few weeks ago our dear friend Astrid did a similar card and so I used her guidelines  to get the measurements etc.     So with out further ado here is Annies card and she loved it too,   she did this to help get my mojo up and running again and it worked.    Looking forward to the arrival of Anne Redfern and her husband David,   hope the weather gets a bit better as we have a few trips  organized and they also want to go over to Arran .   Next Monday Astrid is coming through and we are all going over to Annies for a craft 'n chat day.
 Take care everyone and we will take lots of pictures to share.

Happy Birthday Annie. xxxx          Hugs Rita xxx

The card with separate tag.


 The Box
 

Box containing TH new colours DI

19 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Well your mojo was certainly working when you made this Rita, it's beautiful! I can see lots of lovely techniques in there and great texture and colour too. Sounds like you have a fab few days planned - hope the weather is kind to you all and take care.
Lorraine

Valerie-Jael said...

What a gorgeous card! Have BIG fun when your friends come! Hugs, Valerie

Hazel said...

Well Rita your mojo had come back well and truly, some times it just takes the right project and this is fantastic, I can see why Annie was so pleased with it and it getting you back on track. Enjoy looking forward to having your friends arrive. Hazel x

Jacee said...

Wonderful work Rita!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous! Gorgeous design and loving the papers and texture. Great idea about the box too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Patricia said...

Rita, Oh! My! Word! Your card and box are absolutely stunning.
I know Annie will have been over the moon with both of them.
Don't you worry the weather will be good for Anne & David being with you. Enjoy every moment, I can almost smell the wonderful aroma of the baking Mmmmmm!!!
Sending you both some (((((hugs)))) xxx

Glenda said...

This is just so pretty! Love the box!

cuilliesocks said...

WOW Rita, these are wonderful, I love your envelpoe card and the box is just gorgeous, love it all really, the most beautiful embellishments too, I can see why Annie loved them.
Enjoy your friend's visit, and I think the weather's to pick up, envy you going to Aran.
Parcel is on it's way, hugs Kate x

Veerle said...

Gorgeous card Rita and love that box too.
Hugs,
Veerle x

rachel said...

a beautiful card and box Rita - really gorgeous - have a fabulous time with Anne - she was very excited when I spoke to her on Saturday! I just know you'll have fun! Hugs Rachel xx

Words and Pictures said...

A truly special card, Rita - what amazing mixed media effects and textures - I'm not surprised Annie loved it! Hope you have a wonderful time with Anne, and with your crafty gathering next week - love to all!
Alison xx

Stamps and Paper said...

What fabulous work Rita great colours and textures

Anne

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card Rita, love the style and with lots of inky interest and textures I'm sure Annie loved it. Hope the weather behaves itself - you sound as if you've some great plans ahead.
Avril xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Rita,
oh this is so superb.
I love it, and no wonder your daughter liked it.
Wonderful boxes too.
Great and wonderful workmanship.
Have a lovely time with your visitors, and your days out.
Love and hugs from my house to yours.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jenny Marples said...

That card is FABULOUS Rita! I bet Annie loves it! And what a clever way to give the perfect Tim Distress gift! Hope you have a fantastic time with Anne and David and enjoy your meet up with Astrid too. Jenny x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so beautiful Rita and really has kicked your mojo up the rear. Have a great time with your visitors.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Carol said...

These are stunning Rita, I bet Annie was thrilled with them. Hope you're enjoying your visitors and look forward to seeing the results of your crafting session in due course. Carol x

Juliz Design Post said...

LOVE your card, absolutely stunning as are your gift boxes. Hope you had fun with Anne and enjoy your day with Astrid next week. Looking forward to seeing your makes.
Julie x

May said...

Hi Rita, I adore these creations, the card & all it's detail is amazing...Love the boxes, Annie will treasure these I'm sure... Simply Beautiful x x x Hugs May x x