HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Fiskarettes DT Project. Roll & Go for Distress Markers

Good Morning friends & followers.    Beautiful day here in Ayrshire, hopefully it will last.   We need some summer weather.
Well, today is just to show you my first DT project for Fiskars and as most of us use pens of some sort in our crafting,  I came up with a travel holder to keep them tidy.  I made my first one to hold Distress Markers and it would be easily adapted to hold other makes as well.    I will show you how it was made as I know there are lots of crafters out there that might want to give it a go and  I will always be here to help with anything you are not sure about.   I did find the Fiskars cutting board such a boon in my Craft room too,  saved me going downstairs to the dining room table.  Hope you can see from the pictures what I have done.   I really enjoyed making this first project.    Fiskarettes have a great challenge site with excellent prizes, just click on the logo on my sidebar and it will take to you challenges. Hugs Rita xx

The sizes I used are as follows.  I used the Eclectic Elements 4.5" squares to make it to 22" X 9 " to suit my pens. The same size to cut the lining along with a piece of iron on vilene to match,  the pocket was 22 X 6 and each channel was 1" to suit my pens.   Hope you can understand my instructions,  being a Dressmaking teacher I'm more used to showing how things are done. XX 

The Roll & Go

 Open

 The background is my ironing board

 I used calico for the lining and a piece of polycotton for the pocket.

The back of the lining  after being stitched

I made bias binding using the Fiskars A3 cutting board

 Adding the ribbon before adding the binding
.



23 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is gorgeous and so clever x

Kath Stewart said...

Wow Rita...what a great first DT project for the Fiskarettes...great step-by-step instructions...love it...love it...love it xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Great idea Rita...thats for the instructions

Anne

Wendy L said...

What a wonderful idea for keeping your pens together. xxxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is wonderful and love the material.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Redanne said...

Beautifully designed and put together Rita, a great first project for Fiskars - love the Tim fabric! Hugs, Anne xx

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful project Rita and so useful, fabulous fabric too, hugs Kate x

Patricia said...

What a BRILLIANT project Rita, you clever lady.
Love, love, love it and the beautiful fabric you have used.
Fiskars certainly chose a winner when the chose you.
Hugs for both of you
Patricia xxx

Carol said...

Super project Rita, love the fabric you've used. Carol x

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, what a fantastic project, I am speechless! Hugs, Valerie

rachel said...

this is awesome Rita - you could sell these - i knoe plenty of people would buy them! Brilliant x

Hazel said...

Rita, what a brilliant idea and so useful, I can see a few of these being made. And as Rachel has said they would sell really well as not every one can sew. Hazel x

KraftyKoolKat said...

A fantastic creation Rita. You are very talented.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

craftieodmae said...

Super fantastic project!!!!

Ann said...

Fantastic project Rita - I love it!! Great instructions too :) hugs, Ann xx

Jennifer Johnston said...

Just popped by to say 'hello' Rita. What a great project, love it.
Hope you are well.
Hugs Jennifer xx

Darnell said...

You, my dear, are so innovative and talented! This is a brilliant idea!! Have a great weekend and I hope the remodel is coming along smoothly!! Hugs, Darnell

Annie said...

This is a fabulous way to keep your Distress markers or alternative mammy..............love it !!!!

xxxx

Margaret corgi owner said...

What a lovely roll you have made Rita I have several of these all different sections some with pockets too for my patchwork things they are so very useful
Hugs
Margaret corgi owner

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Dear Rita
Firstly I have to shout out a big Congratulations to you because I did not know of this fabulous news!!!! I am so thrilled for you and they are so incredibly lucky to have you on their DT.
WOW, I am so impressed. I love this idea. It doesn't matter if you work with paper, canvas, fabric ...... you can do it all.
Wishes
Lynne

Selma said...

What a neat way to store your markers. This is fabulous Rita.

Karen P said...

I want one! But for my better quality paint brushes (watercolour)! What a brilliant debut for Fiskars Rita and a project that every one will love, enjoy the rest of the weekend Karen x

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, Rita - what an amazing first project for Fiskars - they must be jumping up and down with delight. This is so inspired, and looks fabulous in those great Tim fabrics - these would absolutely sell like hotcakes!! Magnificent work - makes me wish sewing machines didn't always break when I sit down at them!!
Alison xx