HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Wednesday, 25 April 2012

WOYWW. Week151

Here we are again folks. Time of the week when we get to snoop around everyone's desks over at the lovely Julia's Stamping Ground. I'm so sorry I only got round about a quarter of desks since last week as I have been busy with life in general. Sometimes it gets in the road of our crafting at times. Not a lot to show this week, just putting the finishing touches to an 8X8 easel card.  The rest of my craft room needs lots of things put back in their place too. Got some new Andy Skinner stamps, but have not had a chance to play so far. OH also put up my Magnetic board, so I managed to put some dies on it too, but I need another one now and more magnetic sheets, certainly a lot easier to use when they are in front of you. The picture was  given to me by my best friend for my Birthday a few years ago, so it fits in with WOYWW.  Enjoy your Day.  Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx






42 comments:

Bridget Larsen said...

Wow I am spoilt, I see so many tiny desk and yours is just that size, cute and well organised
Bridget #1

Doreen said...

Love your workspace Rita.xxx

Neet said...

Oh Rita - you are getting into those Spellbinders ... beware, they are addictive. I store mine on magnetic sheets but in folders and then in a cd case - must remember to show it on WOYWW some time soon.
Have a lovely day/week - Hugs, Neet #3 xx

Karen said...

Great desk, I love the LO that I see on it, and a fab picture, I just love the quote :)

Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Luv Karen xx #75

Redanne said...

Good Morning Rita, I love what your OH has done for you, what a super idea and that picture from your friend is wonderful, but I don't think your desk qualifies as messy today ........hope you get lots of crafting done today. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Carol said...

Love your die collection Rita and they're certainly a lot easier to use when you can see them. Fab picture, love the saying. Hope you're having a good week. Carol x

CraftygasheadZo said...

Fab crafty desk, that picture is great, hee hee, rings so true for many a crafter! Take care & enjoy WOYWW. Zo xx 77

Eliza said...

What an awesome collection of dies you have and an interesting way to display them.

Eliza #26

Aquarius said...

Thanks for sharing your space with us today - great storage for the dies and that picture is brilliant

Inkypinkycraft said...

Great storage for your dies, can't wait to see what you do with your andy skinner stamps!!! Have great week hugs trace x 97ish

Sunshine Girl said...

Love that picture and your die storage is great! Thanks for sharing - Sunshine Girl No. 20

JoZart Designs said...

Great desk and your dies look so wonderful on the magnetic board. Must be super to have them out.
I didn't make the corsage myself but the Jazz type yarn is available in most wool shops. It looks odd at first but you just knit into one side edge for the scarves( I think you'd just gather up one side for the corsages), then pull out the yarn and it widens to the lacy look. The corsage just has a brooch pin sewn to the back. Let me know if you make any. They'd make a good seller at a charity fundraiser.
Thanks for your visit,
JoZarty x

Annie said...

Hi mammy your craftroom workspace desk is not as busy today as it was yesterday. Your magnetic board looks great and certainly gives easier access to your dies. I must really organise my craft room better as I don't like to use the dining room as it means tidying everything away constantly. Hugs Annie x

Mary said...

Rita, Your desk looks as though you are a very busy and creative young lady. Your project looks beautiful.... I hope you'll be sharing it. I've gotten some good storage ideas from you. I'm sure my husband will be thrilled when I ask him to make something for me :-) Your sign says it all... Every time I look at my precious mess....I think of how many times I told my kids..."Clean your room!" Have a great week. See you again soon.

Hazel said...

All looks well organised to me. I want a whole wall of magnetic sheets so that I can see my nesties and dies at a glance! lol Hazel x

Glenda said...

What a great space to play in! Looks great this week! Happy WOYWW!

Franka Benjaminsen said...

Love the picture of your desk. So much to see. Great idea this magnetic board for all your sheets. It looks so organized. And the picture about 'my mess'... brilliant. I would love to hang something like that in my room. Thanks for sharing and hope you have a crafty week. Bye, Franka #9

May said...

Love the die storage a fabulous idea... I store mine in folders... Fantastic card Rita on your desk, love the colours and image... love your sign (he he).. Hugs May x x x No10

lisa said...

That's one big card you are creating there.
Love the magnetic storage. You will always have them to hand now and your mess picture is brilliant. I think we should all have one of those.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #74

Daniella said...

I think you look very organized! I love those shelves with the supplies in it!!
Your card is picture from your friend is awesome!!
xxDaniella

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, I love the idea of the dies hung up in from of you! What a great idea. Your ink storage looks so cool too. The easel card looks amazing, never made a card that big...

Greetings from a fellow Scot and thanks for your visit earlier!
Happy WOYWW #34

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting me. Love the idea of dies on a magnetic board.

Julia Dunnit said...

Well Rita, I accept that it's yours and you love it (. Who wouldn't?!), but I can't see that it's a mess! I love the big sheet of magnetic for the dies...I have a similar version on A4 sheets Ian magazine holder...I utterly agree, if they're easy to see and access, they get much more use. Like the card you've got on your desk..lots of die cutting on their, it's wonderful.

Unknown said...

Hi Rita thanks for popping by. I love the storage idea for your dies - Very pretty collection you have there. Definitely worth keeping in view! WOYWW Hugs Helen 125

Monica said...

thanks for visiting Rita. you have some fantastic cards. All that cold weather must be perfect to keep you inside and creating.

okienurse said...

Morning Rita! Love your creative mess there! Beautiful cards. How do you keep the dies on the wall? is that magnetic sheets or a board that is magnetized? I need get mine out in plain sight so I will use them more! Have a great week and thanks for commenting on my blog! Vickie #41

Shoshi said...

Great creative space, Rita - looks really organised, despite what the lovely picture says lol! Love that. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog about my knitting - I'm making it from a dress that I unravelled - I've always adored the colours and couldn't bear to part with the dress when I got too fat for it! It's now getting a new incarnation as a jumper.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #90

Anonymous said...

love the nestie storage! happy woyww!

Unknown said...

Loving your work space. Everything orderly. Love also the way you have stored your nesties. Is it a magnetic sheet?

Thanks for your visit.

Carol

The Weekend Artist said...

The photo is so cute! Your desk mini drawers as well!

Happy WOYWW from a first-timer!
#54

Elizabeth said...

Hi Rita, great shot of your desk - looks so organised. Your nesties are all neatly displayed too. Love your 'Mess' picture - says it all really :) Thanks for popping by mine and leaving your very welcome comment. My mess has been tidied up a bit now and my desk is ready for the next mess I create :)) Hope you have a lovely creative week. Elizabeth x #113

Anonymous said...

Great idea for Nestir storage on the wall like that, and I think you do use things more if you can see them too. My back was a bit sore after that drive, but funny how it's only a bore on the way back home, must be the anticipation of getting there that makes it go quick on the way down. I didn't really consider it, but I could fly to the UK and back to Michigan in that time!!! Love that picture, that looked just like me as a teenager!

Hugs
brenda 118

SusanLotus said...

Your craftspace looks very cozy and well organized!
Great storage of your dies too.
And your on-going cardpproject is lovely.

Thank you very much for being a new follower of mine! It´s very appreciated. :)
Hugs!

Susan, nr 92 WOYWW

Sandy said...

Love all your Dies on the wall how great is that. Looks like a happy spot to craft you have there :)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Nice desk with all those sprays and inkpads right there at your fingertips. I like your Spellbinders on the wall like that. That certainly is handy. I just love seeing what different storage ideas different people do. And yes, I do love my mess!

Anne said...

Well this is my third attempt to leave a comment. Kept being told to choose an account and then told my blog had been removed. Well after a bit of a panic I finally got it back. What is going on? You seem to be quite tidy and organised to me. I like the storage for your dies and I do agree if it is easy to see/reach things then you are more likely to use them. Thanks for sharing, visiting me and becoming a follower. Anne x

Anonymous said...

I love your desk Rita.I am such a"messer", I need a big sopace to spread out.I have been trying to type with my cat on my lap!It is getting colder, and she's suddenly becoming a lap cat again!!Thanks for commenting on my site.
Judy#15 xx

Joynana said...

Hi Rita, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. The paper is from K and Company (Susan Winget specialty paper_ It is full of all things spring and lots of purples and greens and flowers). #121

Bridget Larsen said...

love your magnetic storage great idea
Bridget #1

Tertia said...

I have just bought myself a magnetic board too, but have not had time to put it up yet. Love your space, lots of goodies to look at and that picture would fit right into my craftroom.
Hapy belated WOYWW

Hazel said...

Love your organised workspace - thanks for sharing. Magnetic storage is a good idea - (Hazel # 173) x

Pam said...

Love your die storage x