HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Vintage Wall Hanging

Hello Again, Missed you all and need to have a serious catch up to see what you have all been up too.  Not had access to my computers for over a week now as the house repairs were completed. Still lots to do ,like putting my craft room back to normal again. However, I did manage to create a special birthday gift for my Crafty Daughter Annie and now that she has it, I can let you see what I did.  I started out with a shaped piece of mount board that had been in my stash for a while and  made a frame to fit in the middle and I covered it with pieces of an old book  and then distressed it and varnished it  After putting my sentiment in the centre I started to decorate it with most of the things that mean a lot to her over the years. The steampunk dress form is one of Sam Poole's stamps from Creative Expressions, and I used fusible fibre to the the wings to add a bit of colour. I am a tailoresss and so the scissors and other bits and pieces were always a part of her life too.   Hope you enjoy seeing my work.   I will endeavour to answer all comments and as you know I appreciate them all. Have a lovely creative day.  Hugs Rita xx


21 comments:

Jennie said...

It's wonderful Rita. I love it and I am sure your daughter does too!

Doreen said...

This is just Gorgeous Rita,your daughter must have loved it too.xxx

rachel said...

This is absolutely stunning Rita - really love it - its amazing! Hugs rachel xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow Rita, this is Stunning!I like everything about it!
Kevin xx

kathleen said...

WOW Rita this is beautiful.I bet Anne was thrilled to bits.

Kathleen x

Anonymous said...

Hello Rita
I say lucky Annie as this is gorgeous.
Wishes
Lynne

Aquarius said...

This is so, so gorgeous and I'm sure she absolutely loved it. Stunning!!

Rosietoes said...

Stunning work, fabulous. Words aren't enough!

Edna x

Redanne said...

Hi Rita, how beautiful is this hanging, it is so wonderful. Love all the embellishments you have used and with Annie's liking of all things Steampunk, she must have been delighted to get it. Wow. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Carol said...

Wow Rita, this is gorgeous - I bet Anne loved it. Carol x

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely make Rita, love all the details. Kim

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Rita this is absolutely beautiful I love the vintage style of this hanger, the design looks amazing.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Stamps and Paper said...

What a great project and love the vintage look, great colours and love all the embellishments

Anne

Annie said...

Hi Mammy, as you know I absolutely adore this vintage Steampunk piece that you made for my birthday. I am so fortunate to have such a wonderfully talented mother and will treasure it for ever. Lots of Love...Annie xx

Marie-Louise said...

Such a marvellous project. Love all the detail.

Hazel said...

Beautiful - and Annie obviously loved it! Hazel x

Hettie said...

Oh Rita! What a gorgeous piece you have created here. Lucky Anne! Love it! x

Glenda said...

This is simply stunning!

Marjie Kemper said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Rita! So many amazing details... I bet she loved it!

Jan said...

This is beautiful Rita

Creative Studios by Sam Poole said...

This is Fantastic Rita! Love love love! xx