HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Thursday, 31 May 2012

" Words "

My card to-day is one that I've done for Hel's over at Sunday Stampers. The theme this week was " words ".  Most of us use words everyday of our lives, some nice and some we better not talk about. LOL. Especially when things go wrong in our crafting. Anyway, I've just fell in love with these new stamps from Paper Artsy. I made an easel car with GN scalloped ovals and distressed the top piece with Spring colours DI. I overstamped with cogs and hands to create a background for the lovely Clockwork Twins. It was a pleasure to embellish them with crackle accents and gems etc. I used the large cogs and the word "Listen" to give it some height and finished the front panel with the sentiment.  The base, I used Fired Brick & Spring colours again just to brighten it up, before adding more words to finish the card. Sorry for rambling on a bit this morning.  Thank-You all again for taking time to look at my blog,I appreciate it so much.    Hugs Rita xxx




27 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Rita

Your card is just brilliant, and your new style amazing. Fabulous use of colours and stamps.
luv
irene
xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is fabulous Rita,I like the shape, the colours the images, all the cogs and what you have done with the words.
Kevin xx

Jenny Marples said...

Ha ha!! This is what was on your workdesk! So inventive Rita and the colours really make it pop. Hugs, Buttons x

Gisèle said...

This is brilliant Rita; love the shape and always appreciate a good easel card ...hugs G

Stamps and Paper said...

Rita what fabulous colours on your card...great stamps too

Anne

JoZart Designs said...

Fabulous card Rita. Lovely colours, quirky images and lots of detail.
Just popped in to say that you have won one of my 15 ATCs drawn today... if you send me your details I'll pop it in the post asap.
sewjo@hotmail.com
Lv JoZarty x

Shahrul Niza said...

They're so beautiful birds. I really LOVE your funky card :)

Aquarius said...

Great to see the finished project and I so like those quirky bird stamps.

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the shape and fab birds.xxx

craftytrog said...

Such a gorgeous card Rita, I love those stamps! x

Carol said...

What a fabulous creation Rita, you do this so well. Carol x

Barb Cady said...

This is a great card Rita, I love the colour combo. I nearly broight those stamps yesterday but settled on another paperartsy set, mmmm, not sure I did the right thing now! Ah well, back to the piggybank! Hugs xx

Elaine said...

Strange set of stamps but you've made a really great card out of them....I may have to invest!!

Redanne said...

Hi Rita, wow, this is what was on your desk a few days ago but it looks so different now. I love it, that stamp set is wonderful and I like all the cogs and hands - and the words, colours - well I just love everything about it, right up my street! Crafty hugs, Anne x

Carole Z said...

Hi Rita, I saw your comment on my blog and popped over to have a look...hey, we did choose the same word! Brilliant card...love the colours and I so love weird and wonderful stamps like these - great job, Carole Z X

Inkypinkycraft said...

I recognise this from your desk!!wow you have made fab piece, i lve the stamps to have used and the colours are great!! Hugs trace x

Karen P said...

love this Rita - the colours are fab and i'm getting those colours for my birthday next month - got itchy fingers cos i'm desperate to use them! love your card, the stamping and blending is fabulous! hugs Karen x

Sheen said...

Hello Rita, well I finally made it to your blog and am now following. Apologies for the delay. I love this card...so quirky and mind-boggling! The colour palette is just perfect and I love easel cards...so all in all it's a winner for me. Well crafted.
Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

Hazel said...

Really good steampunk card. I bought some Paper Artsy cos/clocks stamps at the Bluewater craft show but I've only used one so far. You've given me a push, I might use them tomorrow. Have a good weekend. Hazel x

Annie said...

Fabulously stunning mum x

Anonymous said...

Hi Rita. Wonderful card. Love the design. They are fab those PA stamps. Have a lovely weekend.
Regards Florence xx

Shoshi said...

Wow Rita, this turned out just great! I love the whole effect! Brilliant.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, and glad you like the card I made for my mum and dad. They both loved it, I'm pleased to say! It was made in double quick time with only 2 hours to spare before they arrived lol!!

Shoshi

Hels Sheridan said...

lovely easel card Rita, the scallops make it look so cool.... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Erika said...

Hi Rita great scalloped oval easel card love your birdies.
Hugs Erika.

Judie said...

Hi Rita, very unusual card, but I like it alot.
Thanks for stopping by my site and leaving me a nice comment
Judie

Lucy Edmondson said...

Oooh, I love this Rita!

Lucy x

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh, Rita, this is fabulous! Awesome birds and I love the gears and coloring.