Thursday, 23 August 2012
My Special Book
My youngest daughter brought this book back from one of her cruises. She actually worked on cruise ships for around 7 years and visited lots of interesting countries around the world. The book was for my birthday a good few years ago and all I know it was made by an artist from Prince Edward Island. Seemingly the winters there don't have many daylight hours and lots of the women turn there hands to crafts of many kinds. I always wondered what the process for doing these books was like, as it looks as if they have used a few different techniques to create the finished item. The front has a lovely varnished finish Hoping that someone might know how it all started as its a beautiful book with a fabulous textured cover. Hope you enjoy seeing my precious book. Any help on it would be gratefully received too. Hugs Rita xxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Hi Rita, we had one of these hanging on the wall of our last house - different picture and different verse but otherwise the same. I wonder where it is now ... probably still in a box up in the loft - sadly, there are some things that just never got unpacked when we moved here five years ago. It would be interesting to know what materials and techniques were used in the making of it so hopefully someone out there knows.
Thanks for the lovely comment earlier and no surprise to learn that you visit Portencross too - it is a lovely place.
Elizabeth xx
Hi Rita, I have been to P.E.I. several times but I cannot recall seeing anything like this in any museum. I suppose you could write to the Canada Tourist Board and ask them? The dark days were, as they were in this country, likely due to coal and wood fires clogging up the atmosphere, it is quite a light and airy place now - and very beautiful too - a bit like Scotland......Crafty hugs, Anne x
This looks beautiful but can't recall ever seeing anything quite like it so can't help. Maybe there would be some information on the internet courtesy of google if you do a search??
wow. Beautiful book, Rita. What a lovely gift. Never seen anything like it too ... wonder how they made the folds and the texture. Happy for you!
Stunning book Rita a real treasure I have never seen anything like this before... so glad I have now.. it's beautiful.. Hugs May x x x
Dear Rita, thank you for your lovely comment on my Blog! Your book ist amazing and fabulous. You are so creativ! Have you seen on my blogspot, that I have candies gifts? It would be greatfull, if you linked my banner on your lovely site. I would be pride, that I could receive too, creative people from Scottland! That they get know, my dream Craft online shop,"Hobby-crafts-and-paperdesign.de" that I manage with love! Please send me a comment after you have linked my Banner. I send you the lovely Flower from marianne Design. Many Hugs from Marina
Thank you dear Rita,I´m so pride! Please send me your Adresse and favour color for the Roses on my Email Adres. You find the EMail Adres in the Impressum. I send you the beautiful flower to you. Many Hugs from Marina
Hi Rita,
what a stunning book. I have just called my hubby into look at it and he was amazed, and said it was fantastic. You are a very talented lady. I have added you to my fav blog roll now.
i am struck speechless which is very unusual for me.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.
This book is gorgeous. I can't help myself but the colouring on the outside looks a bit like something i've created
http://ellypirally.blogspot.de/2012/05/edgar-allan-poe-frame-cover.html
Anyway, thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog, dear Rita.
Post a Comment