HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Tuesday, 11 February 2014

A little scene card and Work in Progress

Hello Folks, I hope you are keeping safe and warm in this awful weather.  Mind you it was a beautiful day here until about 10minutes ago then we had a hail storm with the sun still shining.   Strange Weather.
A very quick post today and this little card was stamped and coloured on Sunday night as I watched DOI.  The stamp was one of Sheena Douglas Litle Bit Scenic and my colouring needs to be educated a bit.too, but  I did enjoy it.   Work in Progress since last year is a granny blanket for Molly and this is her colour scheme.  All the squares are done ,but have to be put together. Will show it finished, but don't hold your breath.   Take care and hopefully I will get back to you all on Sunday.   Hugs Rita xxxx





31 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Rita, I think you have done a wonderful job with your colouring and the distressed background card really shows the image up well. The red ribbon was a lovely touch. Your granny blanket square look beautiful, I look forward to seeing the finished article. Hugs, Anne xx

Christine Harrop said...

Lovely stamp and I love what you have done with it Rita. The scene is great as is the card background too.Hugs Christine xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Hello Rita, love the scene you have made, and your blanket looks wonderful! We had a nice day today, cold but sunny, but there's more storm and rain on its way for the next days! Hugs, Valerie

Patricia said...

Fantastic scene card Rita, I love the whole design. Colouring looks good to me
Your like me as far as colourng goes, I like doing it but would like to improve.
Your blanket is beautiful, love the colours. Funny how some projects take longer than others to finish.
Happy crafting

Patricia xxx

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,love the image and fab details.xxx

Wendy L said...

Love the card Rita, great scenic one. I love doing crochet blankets, this one looks gorgeous, xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is lovely Rita, the red ribbon really lifts it a treat. Great blanket it looks like it is coming on a treat.
Hugs
Cathy
Xxxx

Diane said...

Love the card Rita, your blanket colors are gorgeous.

Hugs Diane

Words and Pictures said...

I think your little scene is enchanting, Rita - and the blanket is looking amazing. Know exactly what you mean about the weather: one minute sunshine, the next a howling gale and driving rain... bizarre!
Alison xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Rita beautiful scene and colouring looks good, it's such a lovely stamo, many uses I would think.
Beautiful granny blanket, lovely colours, hugs Kate x

vic said...

Hi Rita oh this is so pretty and the details are gorgeous :)
Hugs
Vic x

Juliz Design Post said...

You are one talented lady Rita.

Julie x

Crafty Lark said...

Great scene Rita and I love the way you have laid it out. Also like how you have joined your blanket squares. xx Flora

rachel said...

a beautiful scene Rita and your colouring is just wonderful. Love the blanket too - the colours are lovely. Big Hugs to you! Rachel xx

Jennie Atkinson said...

A lovely scene Rita and beautifully painted. I love the blanket too - quite a project! Yes the weather is still very temperamental. x

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful card Rita and that blanket looks quite amazing!! Weather here is up and down too, very cold tonight, with a few flakes falling.... Have a good week still!!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Hi Rita,This is so gorgeous!!
Kevin xx

Brenda Brown said...

Such a lovely coloured scene and great card Rita. The blanket looks amazing, such a lot of work has gone into it. The weather must be the same all over as we've had the sun with rain lashing down as well, I've never known it to be so wet. Enjoy the rest of the week xx

Marjorie said...

This is lovely Rita, your colouring is gorgeous, and the papers compliment very nicely:)
Gorgeous blanket, just what is needed for this cold weather!
Hugs,
Marjorie x

Glenda said...

This is lovely! Love your choice of papers on this one. Also your crochet is just wonderful. I've made granny squares before but never added a rosette. Well done!

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful card Rita. Your colouing is great. It goes perfectly with the background. Loving your blanket. What a talented lady you are. Hope you are both ok and staying dry in the awful weather.
Take care,
Florence x

Sue said...

Fab card Rita really gorgeous and that blanket is scrummy. huggles Sue xx

Jenny Marples said...

My, you are keeping busy Rita! Love the coloured scene. Jenny x

Anne said...

I love your colouring - great card. Blanket will be lovely as well. Anne x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stamped scene, you captured a beautiful sense of nostalgia.
The blanket will certainly be lovely.
Wishes
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Great scene card, Rita and Your blanket is going to be amazing. Hazel

Jenny L said...

Hi Rita,
what a fab card. I too love that super stamp, a great design card.
What a super blanket. Love all the super bright colours in this creation. I bought a fab knitting and crochet magazine yesterday. It has a lovely hexagon crochet blanket, crochet owls, and a super red knitted or crochet red poppy patterns in it, and also some lovely knitted patterns too. So it was well worth the buy. So shortly I will be showing my poppy or owl.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Selma said...

You are so talented Rita. Your card is beautiful and that afghan is going to be beautiful. Weather here is real crazy too. Had lots of snow, then it rained and lots of it melted, now it is snowing hard again.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

great quilt?, it is beautiful!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Warmly,
Bibiana

kay said...

Fabulous card Rita,your blanket is looking superb x

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Very pretty card. I like the stamped scene.