HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Sunday, 2 March 2014

Christmas Card Challenge 05- Feature a Robin.

Good Morning Everyone.  The last few days have beautiful even though its still a tad chilly.   However, To-day is Challenge 05 over at CCC and as Margaret is the Hostess it was her turn to choose the Theme for this fortnight : To Feature a Robin.  This little bird is a favourite of mine and he is always in the garden throughout the winter months.
My card is an 8 X 8 and as I did not have a robin stamp,  I used a beautiful decoupage image from Rob Adams CD " White Christmas ".  My background was made with an 8 x 8 Embossing folder a Brayer and Distress ink.  Very like a fine bisque china.  I cut it in to 3 pieces along my card. Matted and layer my robin image on gold mirri card along with a lovely little verse. My only embellishments on this one are the Sizzix snowflake and the Cheery Lynn die cut Merry Christmas.  No Beads or Bows on this one.    Still got a few orders to make ,so that will keep me out of mischief for a wee while at least.  My beloved Grand Calibur is on its last legs I think as its leaving a black oily residue on my plates etc.  I've cleaned it up a few times ,but its still leaking and the guarantee was up last year.  Luckily I have my Big Shot , so for now its ok. 
Have a Good Week-end everyone and Thanks for visiting.     Hugs Rita xxxxx



33 comments:

Shirley said...

After seeing this beautiful card Rita I should have a go at starting my Christmas cards but with the sun only just getting his hat on and a hint of Spring in the air at last ... maybe leave until later lol. Love Mr Robin.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

scrappymo! said...

This is so pretty, Rita. Your little robin is showcased so nicely with that mirri card.
I did not have a robin stamp either so had to improvise...but enjoyed every minute of it. Your background is so soft and subtle...very effective!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful card Rita, I saw a Robin down near the Ferry yesterday, they are so pretty! Sorry about your Exclibur, it looks lke it's going the same way as my printer, which is making noises like a tractor! Hugs, Valerie

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card,love the design and fab image.x

Wendy L said...

He looks pretty cute, lovely card, Rita. xxx

rachel said...

what a beautiful card Rita - I adore robins - sorry to hear about your grand calibur - I wasn't ever expecting mine to give up the ghost! Hugs rachel xx

Christine Harrop said...

Love your background panels Rita. Lovely image and the verse is so cute. Great card. Hugs Christine xx

vic said...

Hi Rita oohh this is son pretty and I love the robin he looks very sweet :)
Hugs
Vic x

Marina said...

I love robins and I love your card - so sweet and classic.

kay said...

Hi Rita, what a fab card,love the robin. We have two robins at work who fly down every morning to say hello and wait for their breakfast and the bravest one has even entered the foyer if I am not quick enough to feed them as if to say hurry up x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so beautiful and stylish Rita.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful card Rita! Love that bright robin against the elegant white card! You are so clever starting your cards now! You will be smiling to yurself when the rest of us are going cray trying our card done come November or so.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Hugs

May said...

Gorgeous card Rita, very elegant...Love the white & Beautiful robin....sorry to hear the GC is giving up...but at least you have the big shot to fall back on....Hugs May x x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Rita - love that background, it's so pretty. Robins are a favourite with me too! Sorry to hear about your GC, as it's warranty is up it might be worth taking it apart to see what the problem is although after a year I would have thought it should still be working without problems......

Karen x

Juliz Design Post said...

Hi Rita, I think a lot of us have a little Robin that enters our gardens we fall in love with. I certainly do. Love how you have made your textured background panels and of course your Robin, sitting proud on his new home, your card.
Julie xx

dutchess said...

Hi Rita what a lovely perky little Robin....perfect!....sorry to hear you grand calibur is being naughty did you know that oyster stamps have a couple of chaps who mend them?...I moved on to an ebosser as I found the winding a bit painful....hope the rest of the weekend is good xxxx

Kat said...

Beautiful card Rita, that image is perfect for a Christmas card.

Kat xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Rita, I like the robin the verse and the design.
Kevin xx

Words and Pictures said...

Beautiful, Rita - I love the trio of panels in the background, and the robin is wonderful. We've two who like our bird table at the moment - and they're just a delight!
Alison xx

Zoe Tant said...

Lovely little robin Rita and I like the poem too makes a lovely combination and is just perfect for our CCC. Zx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rita
Fabulous card... Love the design
Hugs Sylvie xx

Nicecrane Designs said...

So elegant, so unique, so different card,,,,,Rita, , I love the robin and all over your gold frame over the white back,,,, what creative you are my friend,,,,,,applusses.
























Patricia said...

Good evening Rita,
A stunning card I love your beautiful Robin.
I like to do that method for a background. Only problem for me I never get it the same twice.
Love the delicate effect you get
Have a great week ahead
Hugs

Patricia xx

Redanne said...

What an absolute beauty your card is. The robin is delightful and I love the wonderful background you created. Your cards are always so beautifully finished. Hugs, Anne x

Carol said...

It's a beautiful image Rita and gorgeous card. We've had nice weather too, long may it last! Contact Oyster Stamps about your GC...I'm sure they're now agents for spares and repairs. Carol x

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous card Rita, I love the contrast of frames one that really stands out and one that recedes into the background and Mr Robin fits in beautifully. xx

Hazel said...

Beautiful card, Rita - just right for Margaret's CCC challenge (we would love to see it too at CHNC challenge extra for March and Completely Christmas challenge 1) x

MaryH said...

Rita, this is so marvelous. Love this robin image and the way you have the triple mats brayered as you did, was such a wonderful background for this colorful bird. It's beautiful. TFS & Hugs

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely robin image Rita and beautiful verse too.
Lorraine

Planetsusie said...

Love this Rita - your backing paper is superb and I love how the robin is the total focal point with the mirri surround. This is a wonderful card and a brilliant verse.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous card Rita I do love seeing the Robin on Christmas cards
Hugs
Lorraine x

Karen P said...

I adore the background technique you have used and the robin is gorgeous Rita. I am surprised that your grand calibur is on it's last legs, I would have thought they would last longer than two years, thank you for sharing that as I was considering getting a second hand one. Really gorgeous creation and one to add to the pile is always good xx

Peanut said...

This is sooo pretty, Rita! Little Robin Red Breast perched upon a branch... The background is to lovely too. You've done a great job with Margaret's challenge.
hugs, Asha