One of my greatest crafty memories was last year, when my lovely daughter Annie phoned me up and said I was going to the Tim Holtz workshop being held at the Windmill Village Hotel in Coventry. This was a dream come true for me to meet TH himself. We had 3 days of fun and met so many lovely crafters we only knew by name through blogging. The kindness of everyone will remain with me forever. All of us have remained friends since. So my post today is really picture heavy , so maybe a cup of tea or coffee would be nice if you feel like following my Journey with the great man himself Tim Holtz.
Before we left for home I did say to everyone that I wanted to make a special album of that day. I think I have used everything TH, even put my ticket on show. So here goes....... I have put the pages in order of how my album opens up and hope you can grasp the idea of all the hidden nooks and crannies within. I started with heavy card and coated them all with Gesso, then using stencils and texture paste I started to build up my covers ,before I sprayed them with a mixture of Dylusions and Alcohol inks. So I will now let you see how it all came together with lots of pictures of people you know in this crafty world of ours. The papers were all from TH French Industrial pad. The album itself is very heavy after all the work that went into this, but I love it and so glad I got it finished too. Hugs Rita. xxxx
I'm entering it in to A Vintage Journey where Challenge 2 is Words.
Country View Challenges the theme is Paper Chase
Ink on my Fingers 300th Challenge Anniversary the theme is Dream
Front Cover
First Page and the inside cover
Both Covers open
A close up of the ticket
Flap opened up
Left page opened
Another hidden Flap
Right hand page
Yet another label flap
Sorry, more closed doors
Close up.
All is revealed in the Centre pages
This Label keeps the centre closed.
Right hand Cover
Back Cover
I hope you have manage to keep awake. xxx















41 comments:
Well all I can say is wow! wow! wow! Rita...what an amazing piece of work it's absolutely stunning:))) I bet it was amazing have a great weekend lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxx
Oh! My! Word! Rita this is absolutely stunning.
Everything about it is amazing, mind blowing in fact.
Brilliant book of memories to treasure for ever.
Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs
Patricia xxx
Wonderful album, you have some great memories stored. Love how you have put everything together. Tim is a likeable person, I met him here when he visited out craft shop some years back, that was fun, too! Hugs, Valerie
Oh my goodness Rita - this is more than amazing! Simply stunning!!! Such wonderful pictorial memories!! Hugs Christine xx
Rita I don't think there is enough words to describe this stunning wonderful book of memories, thank you for sharing it with us. Hazel xx
Wow Rita it's fab, I love all the hidden flaps, photo's and pages, what a fab album. Have a great weekend. Elizabeth xxx
Wide awake here Rita, what a smashing project, I also love the hidden flaps. xx Flora
Wow wow wow Rita, this is totally amazing. Your textures, tags, hidden parts, painting techniques, just the whole project, adore it and what a wonderful keepsake and memory of 3 fabulous days you must have had.
Julie xx
What can I say Rita, this is absolutely fantastic!! I real labour of love
Kevin xx
another wow from me Rita, it is totally wonderful and such a great keepsake from your special workshop. Annette x
http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/
This is so gorgeous Rita and full of so many happy memories that you will never forget now. It will allow you to bring back the day over and over again. A lot of hard work has gone into this, but it was all worth it. It is awesome.
Have a good weekend.
Hugs
Cathy
Xxxx
Wow, looks amazing, xxxx
A Brilliant treasure trove of memories Rita - absolutely stunning album! I would love to see and hold this to check out all the hidey holes and hidden gems. I love how tactile it is. Your artistry looks wonderful with so many techniques on display. You have obviously been a very attentive student! Really gorgeous work and so lovely to see you all enjoying yourselves. Nicola x
Oh Rita, this is so beautiful and what lovely memories you have of that special weekend. I love the covers of the album and all the little nooks and crannies inside are just wonderful. This was clearly a labour of love for you and is really beautiful. Hugs, Anne xx
You have made a beautiful album of a fun occasion. Something to treasure. Looks wonderful!
OMword Rita - this is absolutely amazing - awesome work and the perfect way to hold those special memories - wonderful. xxx Have a great weekend xx
Evening Rita..what a wonderful album of memories a fabulous keepsake
Anne
That is an amazing work of of art. I wish I had achieved something of that calibre. Anne x
This is super awesome, Rita. Firstly, just because it is so beautiful, with all the texture, color, embellishments & hidden pockets of goodness. Secondly, because your obvious joy in the Journey is shining through. How very lucky you are to have a daughter who recognizes your passion for art, and gave you a gift that will continue to give each time you see this marvelous memory book. I would have no clue as to how to even start one of these books, but I can surely appreciate the work & skill that goes into making one like this. TFS this part of your Journey with us. I loved each picture! No fear of anyone falling asleep! Hugs & Happy wkend. Enjoy your heirloom treasure.
Hi Rita,
how could anyone fall asleep looking at this superb work of art. My this magnificent album must have taken you ages to make, all those lovely folds and designing.
A wonderful treasured keepsake full of wonderful memories. So very lovely to have a wonderful daughter who shares your love of craft.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.
Wow, wow and more wows Rita. It's so wonderful looking at each and every page where you have created so many flaps and hideaways and your covers are stunning, I love the mix of colours and textures together. I know how you so enjoyed those few days and this is an amazing keepsake keeping those treasured memories in one place. You took me on a sentimental trip down memory lane too. It was such a fun and exciting time and I am so pleased I got to meet you and Annie as well as all the other lovely crafters that came together.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Brenda xx
wow rita this is gorgeous and what a wonderful place to store and treasure all those wonderful memories x This is so wonderful! hugs x trace x
A masterpiece mammy and I know how much you have enjoyed piecing it together..as Brenda says it was such a wonderful time.
Huge hugs Annie x
Rita - this really is one of the best albums I have ever seen. The front cover is so beautifully done - that's my favourite part. Loved that you gave Tim a crown, loved all the flaps and the tag-flap that keeps the centre closed - I had to look twice to see that it wasnt a box - you have arranged and positioned everything so well that it looks like it is 3D. Sounds like such an awesome time you had, your album certainly reveals that as well.
Rita you have done it again! This is stunning! But it does look labor intensive; so many flaps and tags and colors and textures. Amazing!
Rita this is just fabulous!!! The front cover is just amazing and all those flaps and tags that are inside - wow!! And what a fabulous memory of your wonderful time in Coventy. I wish I had been with you all. Have a lovely weekend x
Hi Rita! I am back again to say thank you for sharing your absolutely amazing book with us at A Vintage Journey for our words challenge. It really is a most stunning project x
Oh, Rita, what a wonderful album to remember such special times. I just adore your textured covers and all the hidden sections inside. So fun to see the smiling faces, too!
A great souvenir of a wonderful time. The album is something you can be proud of!
Me again Rita just poppped back to say thank you for sharing your amazing albumn at Country View Crafts Paper Chase Challenge and at A Vintage Journey xx
Oh, Rita, what a wonderful album and love the amazing cover.
Hugs diane
What a wonderful reminder of that fabulous time! Love the way you have added those lovely flaps to make such a fabulous album of those memories! Brought it all back, it was great to meet you and everyone else and Oh! what a time we had!! Chrisxx
OMG rita this is amazing. something to treasure forever> I understand what you mean about Tim Hotlz! and wanting to make something special for that unforgettable day! all the flaps, the tags, the embellishments, the stencils all is so very pretty...so much work put into it! congrats for a wonderful piece...and good luck on the challenge. hugs form California\
bibiana
Such a fabul album Rita and what a wonderful way to store those memories. Love the covers, fabulous textures - and so many details inside. A perfect keepsake.
Avril x
This is such a wonderful album - FANG-dang-TASTIC!
Sandy xx
OMG Rita, how did I manage to miss this???? It is absolutely amazing, I love it so much, such a glorious keep sake of that wonderful event and how cool are those photos? LOVE IT to bits!!!! And with my official hat on, thanks so much for sharing it with us over at A Vintage Journey!!
My word, Rita... I've been clicking back and forth on the enlarged photos reliving memories of that wonderful day, and enjoying the skill, creativity and obvious love and care that has gone into making this beautiful album. What a glorious memento of an amazing event. Bravo!! And thank you too, for sharing it with us on our Vintage Journey!
Alison xx
Wow Rita, all I can say is FABULOUS! This is amazing!
Apart from that rather dodgy looking woman in grey this is fabulous Rita! It brings that wonderful weekend flooding back and I love how you've used so many of Tim's ideas from the workshop in presenting this. Awesome cover too (very Finnabair!) Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x
Hi Rita just popped back to say thanks for joining in the Paper Chase challenge at Country View Crafts and 'Say it with Words' at A Vintage Journey. xx
What a fabulous project and memory of your Tim workshop.
Post a Comment