HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Scottish themed Birthday Card

Hello my friends and lovely followers.    Believe it or not I feel much better in myself now,  and part of that was due to the enjoyment of meeting one of my long term blogging friends ( RedAnnie) who visited us last week.   I wish we could have spent more time together .  Even Andrew has perked up a lot after having a good few conversations with Anne and David.    I made this card for a friend of my brother who is celebrating a birthday on the 1st July.   She has been a rock to him as he had to travel to Adelaide for Radiotherapy.    Isn't it lovely that people can help each other like this, and it certainly took a lot of the pressure of my brother too.
   Back in my craft room today and making a 21st Birthday card for a Marilyn Monroe fan.   Great to hear that she still has fans, even after all those years.  I still love all her films.
    At the foot of this post I have included one of my birthday gifts from Anne.  So lovingly  made and one I will cherish every day,  as it holds my knitting and crotchet.  We always try to make a creation for each other at Christmas and Birthdays, and have done this ever since we met, it makes for a really special day too.  Thank You Anne.       Hope your having some time in the sun as well as your craft space.   Take Care.    Hugs Rita xxxx




My treasured Knitting /Crotchet Bag that was made by Anne as part of my Birthday gifts

 Anne herself asked me to open this one and I was taken aback, by her beautiful stitching.

40 comments:

Patricia said...

WOW!! to both Rita,
What a fantastic card, just perfect. I love the Scottish Theme.
I just LOVE your bag, what a brilliant design and size.
Enjoy the rest of the day
Hugs

Patricia xx

aussie aNNie said...

Fantastic Scottish themed card, love it and your bag from Anne is gorgeous. Lovely to read you are refreshed and amazing what meeting someone and having a laugh can do....xx ♥aNNie
The Journey is the Start

Almo said...

This is a perfect Scottish card Rita, a wee dram and a little bit of tartan. I knew this little project of Annes was going on, but this is the first time I have seen the results. This bag is gorgeous, I love the eclectic elements fabric and what a perfect size for your yarns. Mo x

Sue said...

What a great card Rita and so glad you are feeling much better after your visit from Anne. The bag is totally gorgeous lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Rita, firstly I would like to thank you so much for leaving such kind comments on my blog, bless you. Love the card and what a gorgeous bag too, a true friend you have there. Have a lovely day. Tracy x

Aquarius said...

So pleased to hear you are feeling better. Great card for a man and that bag is a beautiful gift, made from wonderful fabric and I like the little details Anne added as well - so appropriate.

Netty said...

Great card and such a fab bag Rita. Good to hear you are feeling a lot better, hugs Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Valerie-Jael said...

The card is very good, love the image, too, hope it will be accompanying a bottle of the same! Glad Anne's visit did you so good, and LOVE your bag, what a gorgeous gift, you lucky girl! Hugs, Valerie

rachel said...

such a fabulous card and so glad to hear you're feeling happier since Anne's visit - great bag too!!! Brilliant xx

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous Rita, love the gorgeous card and so envious of your bag it is stupendous.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Veerle said...

Hi Rita,
I love the scottish theme on your card and what a lovely bag !!!!
I'm glad to read that your friends visit has done you so much good.
We all need dear friends, don't we ?
greetings from Belgium, Love, Veerle x

Jenny L said...

Hi Rita,
what a very super card. I love the picture of the wee Scottish dram, excuse the pun.
My DH got bought a £50 bottle of this wonderful drink for his Birthday at the weekend, as he always has a wee dram, well I say a wee dram, but it's sometimes a little more before bed at night, but never before 10pm.
Love the superb knitting bag from Anne, such a clever material.
I do hope she has fully recovered from her fall last year.
I also hope you and your hubby are keeping well, if not then big get well wishes winging it's way from me.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Glenda said...

I love both of these! Such a clever card and the knitting bag is amazing. Love the fabric!

Jenny Marples said...

A great card and such a lovely bag. No wonder you were thrilled with it Rita. It's great to hear you are feeling a little better too. Jenny x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Rita, so pleased to hear you say you are feeling much better.
Fabulous card, love the Scottish theme and your design.
Your bag is gorgeous, the material diesign is wonderful, what a lovely gift from your friend, hugs Kate x

Mrs.B said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better Rita, there's nothing like a friend's company for a 'pick-me-up'
Looks like you had a great weekend.
Love the Birthday card - fabulous image and a wonderful present from Anne.
Avril xx

Anonymous said...

Rita, it is so good to read that you are feeling better and also Andrew.
The card is wonderful, you always put so much care into all of your creations.
The bag is amazing, Anne has the most incredible talent.
Wishes
Lynne

Doreen said...

So pleased you are feeling better Rita,your card is just gorgeous.xxxx

Marci said...

What a wonderful gift, the TH fabric is so appropriate. Your card is lovely with the plaid. Sounds like this visit was just what you needed. You seem like such a giving person, it is nice someone gave back to you.

Brenda Brown said...

What a beautiful bag to receive from Anne, and in TH fabric too, couldn't be better present I am sure. Love your card and hooray for the sunshine, it's making us all feel better I think. Take care. xx

Wendy L said...

Great card Rita and a lovely gift from Anne too, xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Rita, thanks for your lovely words...I thought your card would arrive here by the end of the month, that's good to hear...where does your brother live? I live in New South Wales in the northern part...warmer...but cold at the moment. take care.xxx aNNie ♥ The Journey is the Start

Rita said...

He stays in the small town of Morgan, near Adelaide. X

KraftyKoolKat said...

This a gorgeous birthday card Rita. Love your present from Anne as well it is beautiful.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Redanne said...

Hi Rita, our visit was so good and I feel so much better too, for having spent some wonderful time with you and Andrew (and Annie too!). I too, wish we had more time together - hopefully next time....my lovely friend. I am so pleased you like your bag too although I think you were being far too generous about my stitching ! LOL.

I love your card, so perfect for the occasion, your work is always so impressive and this wonderful card is no exception. Big hugs to you and Andrew, Anne xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Fab card Rita and very Scottish in flavour! Wonderful to get a little glimpse of Anne's card too, I heard all about it when we met...

Diane said...

Greetings Rita, now that is a fabulous card, what a fun image. Anne's knitting bag is wonderful lots of talent and creativity.

Hugs Diane

ElizabethR said...

That's a great card Rita and I love your knitting bag. So pleased you are feeling better. Elizabeth xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Rita what a fabulous card you have designed this perfectly, love the tartan and whisky they go so well together. that bag is awesome
hugs
lorraine x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE your card, and the FUN FUN theme! The picture is too funny! AND WOW!!! The gift from Annie is amazing! LOVE it!!!

Leanne ... said...

What a fun filled card this one is Anne. The bag is lovely. Glad your up to company.
Hugs...Leanne

Juliz Design Post said...

Love your scottish themed card and what a beautiful gift Anne has made you.
Julie x

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely card, Rita - beautifully themed... what birthday would be complete without a wee dram?! A great way to say thank you to the friend who has been such a support to your brother. I don't think I realised he was having radiotherapy... do hope things are going smoothly with it.

And oh, my word, what a wonderful gift from Anne. I've no doubt that her company raised your spirits, and I should think this amazing bag added to the feeling - magnificent!

Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Alison xx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

glad to have some of your news. and is so great to have crafty company. that sewing/knitting bag is wonderful hugs from california
bibiana

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a stylish card you have shared and yes hi five to Monroe fans!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Annie said...

A stunning Scottish card mammy....I am sure it will be treasured. This bag is even nicer in real life and Anne made such a lovely job of it.

Hugs Annie x

Darnell said...

I'm so glad to hear that you two are still feeling the afterglow of Annie and David's visit, Rita! Long may it continue! Your Scottish card is truly Scottish, through and through, and bound to be loved!

Thank you for sharing the brilliant tote that Annie made for you! She is a master at her craft(s)!! Enjoy the day!! Hugs, Darnell

scrappymo! said...

Great card! So fun...

Your bag is GORGEOUS! What a treat that must have been to open. It is delightful.

MaryH said...

Wow to both the wonderfully masculine birthday card and that marvelous gift bag. I'm so happy that you & Anne got to have such an enjoyable visit, and after all you've been through lately, I'm sure it did your spirit loads of good. The bag just 'looks like Anne', and you will think of her with affection each time you see it. Love sharing your visit in the photo's you've posted. Glad you are feeling better now. TFS & Hugs

Hazel said...

Rita what a great Scottish themed card for a man. As for your bag. What can I say apart from stunningly beautiful and so useful. Hazel xx