HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Saturday, 16 March 2013

Lavender Rose

Good Evening my favourite people, and a welcome to my newest follower Lia and I hope in some small way you may find something  inspirational on my blog .  We are due to upgrade our kitchen on the 3rd April, so I need to be organised for that to take place. Between now and then I will try to get as creative as I can and maybe I will manage to do something that I can blog about.
My card to-day was really a trial piece,  as whilst watching the Hougie Board demo this week, I liked the idea, so really this is my take on the gatefold card.  The Card and BP were both from my snippet box, I think the papers were from Making Cards some time ago. The beautiful lavender rose images were from Craftsuprint, again I've had them a long while too, when all my cards were decoupage. Now I'd like to try another one and make a few changes. Sadly I don't have a Hougie, but rely on my ever faithful Martha Stewart board, so I had to adjust the sizes a little as my MS is in inches.  Hope you like my take on this and maybe you have even more ideas to share.   I hope those of you that attended Harrogate fair had a great time and got lots of new goodies to play with.  Enjoy your week-end.  Hugs Rita xxx




32 comments:

Aquarius said...

This is really pretty - love the colour

Annie said...

How fabulous is that Mammyx I so love the style and the images are beautiful. It would be lovely in Egyptian images!!!!!! You may have to share this design with me as I am designing something right now in my mind !!!!!.....Hugs Annie x

Irene said...

Hello Rita

Your card is STUNNING, I love the style and images. What fabulous colours and embossing.
luv
irene
xxxx

Jenny Marples said...

Love this Rita - you are as creative as your daughter! Great card shape and I adore the embossed panels on the sides. Hope all goes really well/quickly with your new kitchen. Hugs, Jenny x

Doreen said...

Beautiful card....gorgeous image and design.xxx

Christine Harrop said...

Wow Rita, this is gorgeous! Fabulous colour and love the design. Christine x

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Rita. Fabulous design and beautiful colour and images. Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

Stunning Rita, love the design and the colours are wonderful.
good luck with the kitchen work, is all such an upheaval, but worth it when done, take care, kate x

Stamps and Paper said...

Rita this is stunning love your gorgeous image and fabulous design

Anne

Gerrina said...

What a beautiful design; the card basis aswell as the colours and the beautiful flower! Greetings, Gerrina

Redanne said...

This is just fabulous! I love my MS board too, it is so useful. Love your beautiful rose, a really beautiful card. Hugs, Anne x

Netty said...

oh wow Rita, you really do make the most stunning cards. Hugs Annette x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Rita, I like the roses, the embossing and the design.
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

hiya sweetie what a fab card just loving the colours superb hugs sassyxxxxx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Rita. Love the colour and the design. Don't feel too badly about not having a Hougie. I have one and am thinking of buying a Scor Pal.

Connie said...

Hello Rita, your card is gorgeous!!!
Thank you for sharing your amazing talent.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Rita. Like you I love to try different card shapes and this one is gorgeous, may have to give it a go. Your colours and design are lovely.

Wilma x x

Brenda Brown said...

Lovely colours Rita and I particularly like the shape of this card with those gorgeous panels.
Happy Sunday
hugs {brenda} x0x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is beautiful Rita such a rich colour
jacqui x

May said...

Beautiful card Rita, Wonderful rich colours & images.. Love the embossing & shape...Hugs May x x x

Selma said...

Good Morning Rita. This is gorgeous. Of course I love the color! I don't believe I have seen this type of gate fold, and love it. Is there a link to a tutorial?

Astrid Maclean said...

What a gorgeous card Rita, love it!! Such a great shape and beautiful rich colour tones and I love the image you have used!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is stunning Rita. Love the rich colours. I am no dab hand at altering sizes on anything. You are a wizard.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Paper Profusion said...

This looks like a theatre Rita with that glorious flower and diecut centre stage. The side panels are fabulous! Hope you are having a lovely weekend and enjoy your visit with Annie! Nicola x

Sue said...

A beautiful card Rita, and so clever, I love the shape and colours of your card xx

Andrews Stamping Pad said...

What a beautiful card Rita,you are such a talented lady
Andy xxx

Patricia said...

Love, love, love it.
What a stunning card, so differents and Oh! So effective.
I.really like your choice of colour.
Have a few goodies from Harrogate I hope to use as soon as I have caught up with the Pendant orders that have come in while I was away.

Patricia xx

Lia said...

Hi Rita!
Thank you for welcoming me and I say the same: welcome as a follower on my blog!
Your purple card with roses is amazing and I like the shape very much!
Lia xxx

Anonymous said...

This is Stunning Rita. Absolutely beautiful. Love the colours.
Florence x

Darlene said...

OH MY STARS! How did I miss this one? In my favorite color too! AMAZING design and coloring ... GORGEOUS!
Do you have a 'subscribe' button somewhere that I've missed? I'd love to subscribe to your blog so I don't keep forgetting to pop over and won't miss out on all your beautiful creations!
HUGS from OHIO, USA!!

Crafty Lark said...

Beautiful card, adore the colour. xx Flora

Neet said...

My first thoughts when I saw this card was "what a vision" and it certainly is. Such a beautiful card Rita and such gorgeous shades of colour.
Hugs, Neet xx