Good Morning my Friends in Blogland. Managed to finish this card and matching bag yesterday. I tried to schedule it for this morning but needless to say it did not work.
I was asked to make this for a Music Teacher, and of course it had to be an easel card. It was for a 30th Birthday and this is what I produced.
I made an 8 X 8 card and matted it with dark blue card to that I added silver card before adding my embossed Marianne folder that cuts as well as embosses. I used Dusty Concord to distress the edges before adding my stamped images, that I bought at the SECC in Glasgow years ago and I cannot remember the name. Matted and layered them with purple card, a few gems and of course for me the obligatory ribbon bow.. I made the bag and added the spellbinders Happy Birthday die cut to finish it off. Been baking today and now I'm off to do some Ironing. Hope you are all keeping fine and lots of Hugs to those who are struggling. Hugs Rita xxxx



23 comments:
Beautiful card Rita,just love it.xxx
Another beautiful ensemble which I know will be well received - well chosen elements for the theme and lovely colours. Take it steady with the ironing - don't want to be doing too much of that!!
This is gorgeous Rita xx Jan
gorgeous, the bag and card are a gift it's self!!!
This is just wonderful! Your talents are really shinning through!
terrific design Rita, love it, x
This is beautiful sweetie. Gorgeous colours and images.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx
hello rita
love how you inserted the tag sentiment on the purple ribbon, nice touch
hugs bibiana
Hi Rita, it really is a beautiful card and so perfect for a Music Teacher, love the little treble clef charm, a perfect finishing touch. Hugs, Anne x
Gorgeous card Rita and so apt for a music teacher...
Anne
This is really gorgeous Rita and so apt for a music teachers, love that charm too huggles Sue xx
Absolutely perfect for a music teacher, I love it.
Hugs
Patricia xxx
Hello Rita, what a wonderful card, and just perfect for a music teacher. Wonderful sentimets too,Beethoven looks a bit stern though, but he was deaf, poor soul. hugs Kate x
Fantastic card Rita and such a suitable stamp for a music teacher! Love it!! The bag looks fantastic too, I bet the birthday girl will just love it!
a beautiful card Rita with wonderful details - lovely xx
Beautifully designed and put together Rita. I am sure the recipient will love it.
hugs {brenda} x0x
So detailed & beautiful...you make such intricate cards. Love that it's an easel card - which I've never tried. Your EF is wonderful, and such a vintage stamp to add all the dimension & extra color. I'm sure your requester was delighted with this one. TFS & glad you liked the funny post. It made me laugh a lot as I read through it too. Been there, done that. Hugs
Hi Rita,
fabulous card and bag today. I bet they were so pleased with it.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.
Gorgeous card Rita, Love the image & Beautiful detail... Your blog is looking Fantastic! Karen has done a fabulous job.....Hugs May x x x
Beautifully done - love the Beethoven image, and great quotes. The new blog design is gorgeous, btw!
Alison xx
love the musical card .x
Dear Rita
I think I will name you Queen of the Easel Cards!
You surely are worthy of this title. Beautiful creation, it all works together in such a harmonious composition.
I hope Andrew is doing well.
Wishes
Lynne
Another of your gorgeous creations Rita. Hope hubby is on the mend. Carol x
Post a Comment