HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Thursday, 3 October 2013

Autumn Leaves

Well, the last few days have been so miserable here in my liitle part of the world.   But at least it has let me get on with some of my family Christmas makes.  My younger daughter is doing her first craft fair on the 7th December and Annie and I are helping her out.  So life is really busy just now in one way or another. 
However, I did find time to make a size 10 tag in an Autumn theme,  as I love the beautiful gold and rust coloured leaves at this time of year, I decided I'd like to make my tag. 
I used some structure paste and stencils to give it some texture before I coloured with paint. The deer at the foot of the tag was done using a napkin ( a tip from my lovely friend Astrid  )   The flowers were part of my stash that I had forgotten about, but I added a swirl and gave it some gilding wax treatment and I liked the display of colours.  The little twig at the top I found whilst out for a walk, and added the wooden bird from Artistic Stamper.  I inked up some ribbon and crushed it a bit to tie on to my tag.
On Saturday Annie and I are off to Glasgow for a workshop with Finnabair  (Anna Dabrowska )  so we are looking forward to that very much.
 Please all keep well and take good care of yourselves.   Hugs Rita xxxx




26 comments:

Maryanne said...

I love your tag, Rita! I love Fall and all the colors. You've really captured the season.
You and Annie will have a great time in Finnabair's classes. She's wonderful and the art you end up with is fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing what you make.
Have a great weekend. Maryanne

Brenda Brown said...

Such fabulous texture and wonderful autumnal colours Rita, I especially like the little bird on the twig. Have a wonderful time with Finn, I know you and Annie are just going to love her class, show us what you make as soon as you can. Have a wonderful weekend.
hugs {brenda} x0x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Rita, lovely Autumn feel to it. Full of great detail. Enjoy your class, look forward to seeing your great makes.


Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Aquarius said...

A lovely autumn tag and clever to incorporate the 'found' twig for the bird to sit on. great textures and colours. Have a wonderful workshop at the weekend.

craftieodmae said...

Absolutley gorgeous Autumn tag, Love all the details !

Redanne said...

Hi Rita, I just love the way you have created the texture on your tag and love the gorgeous autumnal colours. The little bird is lovely. Hope you have a wonderful time (you will have...) with Finnabair! Hugs, Anne x

Patricia said...

Beautiful Tag Rita, love the colours and all the wonderful textures you have created.
Enjoy your weekend. Looking forward to seeing what you come away with.
Hugs

Patricia. XXX

Anonymous said...

Hello Rita
This is a glorious tag with the most beautiful colours and textures and the scatter of pretty flowers.
Rita, have a fabulous time at the weekend and I look forward to reading all about it.
Wishes
Lynne

coldwaters2 said...

awesome tag Rita it is full of so much beauty and delight the colours look wonderful together, hope the fair goes well
hugs
lorraine x

Doreen said...

Beautiful tag Rita,fab details.xxx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rita
What a fabulous Tag, and how lucky to have some time with Anna, cannot wait to see what you make.
Smiles:)
Sue

Jenny L said...

Hi Rita,
fabulous tag. Love all the fab work gone into this. Great design as always.
Have a wonderful crafty evening.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

rachel said...

beautiful tag Rita - love all the texture and colours - really wonderful - I hope your daughters fair goes well too - fingers crossed xx

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Rita, I love the autumnal colours. Enjoy Saturday. Carol x

Astrid Maclean said...

Beautiful tag Rita, love all the texture you achieved and these gorgeous autumnal colours.
Not long now anymore til your special weekend, can't wait to see what you'll create and have loads of fun (I know you will do)!!! Please give my love to the ladies at Damsel and to the lovely Finn too, wished I could be there!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful Tag Rita, I love the colours the leave the flowers and the lovely bird.
Kevin xx

Selma said...

I love all colors and elements you added to create this gorgeous tag. Have a lot of fun and we will be anxious to see what you learned.

Inkypinkycraft said...

A gorgeous tag with fab textures and yummy rich colours! wow have a Funtime at the weekend xx I am sure you will x good luck tonyour daughter atvthe craft fair...may be doing one myself in November xx hugs. And have a great time x

May said...

Gorgeous tag Rita, full of wonderful texture & colours..the design is outstanding...Have a fun time at the weekend with Annie at the Finnabeir class can't wait to see what you both create... Hugs May x x x

Sue said...

Fab tag Rita yummy textures and fab rich colours. Have a fun weekend huggles hun Sue xxxxxxxxxx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

hallo Rita
Mooie tag he je gemaakt mooie kleuren
groetje Gerrie

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous tag Rita, hope you are having a fab day in Glasgow you lucky Girls! Good luck with the Fair, I start mine in Llandudno next Saturday and am nowhere near ready yet. Hugs Elizabeth xxx

Glenda said...

Now how in the world did I miss this beautiful tag? So sorry to be so late in commenting! However, I do love, love, love yur tag! It is just gorgeous and I love the wonderful colors and texture!

Words and Pictures said...

Yum - I love your textured tag, Rita - fabulous autumnal colours. Those deer are a really beautiful feature, and I love the little wooden bird too. Beautiful work!
Alison x

Jenny Marples said...

This is gorgeous Rita. I love the amount of detail you have added and the colours work so well together. Jenny x

MaryH said...

This is a beautiful tag, with so many elements to enjoy as I look around it. Would be interested in hearing how you did the napkin deer! Isn't it fun playing with the structure paste? I found some more colors at a shop in St. Petersburg, and must get self sorted out so I can try this molding paste again. Had fun with it in my class, not done it again! Busy just trying to keep up...TFS & Hugs