HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Red Cardinal Christmas card

Hello Folks.  Not long back from a hospital appointment believe it or not it was for 7.10 to-night.  So I am  later than usual with my post.   This is just a regular 5" x 7" card as I felt this Just-Rite stamp was the right size and shape.  I stamped and embossed it with Ranger super fine detail in gold and stamped the bird again so I could decoupage it and I coloured it with promarkers before adding some holly dies and some ribbons.  One for the box I think. 
I hope that everyone going to the Hobbycraft Show in Glasgow enjoy  themselves.  I usually go with my friend Jan, but she is going through chemo at the moment ,so I'll spend some time with her instead.
Take Care.  Hugs to All.  Rita xxxxx


27 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful holiday card Rita, the colors, ribbon and holly make a fabulous card.

Hugs Diane

craftieodmae said...

this is such a gorgeous Christmas card!!!!

Jan said...

Beautiful card Rita xx Jan

Craftyhugs said...

Stunning card Rita! Love the colors and that ribbon is just gorgeous!
Hugs xx

Annie said...

Beautiful card mammy.....you are very organised.

Have a lovely day with Jan. best wishes to her

Annie x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Rita huggles hun Sue xx

Selma said...

This is a beautiful Christmas card. I always love red cardinals.

Brenda Brown said...

A beautifully designed and stamped card Rita. Love the twigs of holly and beautiful bright red I lour you have used.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous card Rita and such beautiful stamping!! Hope your day with your friend will be good! Will be thinking of you!!!

Jenny Marples said...

A fabulous card Rita, so festive. Aren't you such a special friend spending your day with Jan. Hope you both really enjoy your time together. Huge hugs, Jenny x

Christine Harrop said...

Love that cardinal, he's a beauty! Your card today is lovely Rita. Love and hugs Christine xx

Redanne said...

Such a beautiful card Rita, love the cardinal and the way you have mirrored the holly twig. Hope you have a lovely day with your friend Jan. Big hugs, Anne x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Rita, gorgeous card, fabulous festive colours and beautiful image.
Have a good visit with your friend and best of wishes to her, hugs Kate X

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Rita, I like the image, the holly and the bow.
Kevin xx

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card,fab image and details.xxx

rachel said...

a stunning card Rita - really beautiful - it certainly was a late appointment - hope everything is okay xx

Marisa Job said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card!! Love it!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is a beautiful creation Rita. What a lovely friend you are spending time with your friend at this stressful time.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Hazel said...

Beautiful card Rita, Jan will have been so glad of your visit, hope she is doing well.
Hazel xx

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous, festive red and gold, Rita. Hope all went well with your appointment, and all good wishes to Jan for her chemo too.
Alison xx

Anne said...

Hello Rita love the card. Hope your appointment went well and good wishes to your friend. (I too have a friend having chemo at the moment. ) Thanks for popping by my blog. Anne x #99

Patricia said...

Beautiful card Rita and a beautiful thought to spend time with your friend rather than the show.
She will be glad of your company, hope she is doing OK
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Anonymous said...

The gold frame, so elegant, sets of the cardinal beautifully. Yes, such an elegant card Rita.
That is so lovely that you have decided to spend time with your friend.
Imagine a hospital appointment so late in the evening! Hope all is well.
Wishes
Lynne

Carol said...

A beautiful card Rita, very elegant. Hope Jan is doing okay. I didn't go to Glasgow either as I was out late yesterday and very tired. Carol x

MaryH said...

What a treat for me tonight when I saw this lovely cardinal scrolling up at your post! My favorite bird, and I have a lot of cardinal stamps (people even find them for me!) I think I may have this one, uninked as yet. What you did with this one is just beyond gorgeous, and the 2nd cardinal took this card right over the top. It's beautiful! My best wishes & prayers for your friend that things go smoothly and well for her. Seems so many folks are dealing with this awful disease at the moment. I keep adding names to my prayer list because of it! Good for you in spending time with her, as I know it will comfort & cheer her. You can talk cards & ease the journey for her I hope. TFS & Hugs

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Rita loving this gorgeous card it looks so classy and expensive the image, colours and design all look top notch
hugs
lorraine x

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely, cheery card! Valerie