HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Monday, 16 December 2013

In the Bleak Mid-Winter

Hello Everyone.  Hopefully you are all getting into the spirit of all things Christmas.  I still have a few things to finish, but most of them will have to wait till the weekend at least.  The weather is so unpredictable at the moment too,  its a lovely fresh morning here today, with a bit of sunshine.
Well now, on to my post for today.   Taking on board a conversation I had with Annie last week , she said her favourite Carol was" In the Bleak Midwinter".   So that prompted me to do a framed creation instead of a card for her home at Christmas.   I started out with no idea of what I was doing and then I remembered my blogging friend  Val- Jael  telling me a while back that she went twigging,  and I then started to collect some twigs on my morning walk for the papers.. My frame was one that I had in my stash of recycling bits and bobs.  I coated it first with white emulsion and then gave it a coat of gesso, before using distress ink and pewter distress stain.  The beauitiful image is from Nicecrane Designs and is called Bonnie Annee.  I then painted my twigs before adding some diamond chips to get a really nice icy effect, my holly die cuts were also treated to the diamond chips.  The tiny pine cones were collected on a nature walk at Pencaitland many years ago.  To finish it off, I used a paper napkin adhered to the stand that I designed myself.  I thought it would be better than a wall hanging.  I really enjoyed getting messy and inky whilst creating this for my daughter.   I hope you have a good week and just remember to take time for yourselves as well.  Hugs Rita xxxxx

I'm entering this into the following Challenges

Our Creative Corner :   A Very Vintage Christmas

Countryview Challenges:  Bah Humbug

Anything but a Card : Anything you Dream Up






28 comments:

Selma said...

You are so amazing my friend. Your talents are endless. This is stunning. Merry Christmas.

Glenda said...

This is just stunning. I always look forward to seeing what you are doing! Merry Christmas to you!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Rita , this is absolutely gorgeous , love the soft icy feel and the gorgeous colours x hugs x trace x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piece, love it! Valerie

Gerrina said...

Just beautiful! You gave me new inspiration! Greetings, Gerrina

craftieodmae said...

Drop dead gorgeous!

Redanne said...

Oh my goodness Rita, this is absolutely stunning. I love the way you have framed the gorgeous Nicecrane image and the addition of the twigs and pinecones give such a rustic and vintage feel. Your stand is very clever too, love how you decorated it. I bet Annie was thrilled! Hugs, Anne x

kay said...

This is totally gorgeous,your daughter will love it x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous...fab image and design.xxx

Astrid Maclean said...

This looks fabulous Rita, so very beautiful! What a great way to surround that gorgeous Nicecrane image. The back with the napkin looks lovely too and what a clever design, I bet Annie is going to totally love this.

Your stunning Christmas card arrived here today, loved it! You are so good with those Spellbinder dies, it looks fabulous, THANK YOU!!!

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful work Rita, your frame is quite stunning and what a lovely vintage image, just love it Rita, I'm sure Annie will too, hugs Kate x

Patricia said...

Good evening Rita, what a stunning project. I love how you have done the stand for it, it all ties in.
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.
Have a good week,
Hugs

Patricia. Xxx

Annie said...

Absolutely stunning mammy x love the image and fabulous to use twigs. Great icy feel x brings back wonderful memories of nativity plays and Carol Singing followed by black currant and ginger wine.
Love you

Annie x

rachel said...

what a stunning piece Rita - really gorgeous - I just don';t have the words! Its beautiful! Big Hugs rachel x

Carol said...

A stunning piece Rita...a real keepsake. Carol x

Marci said...

Really beautiful!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Rita. Beautiful colour and awesome layout. Your talent is boundless.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Rosietoes said...

I'm sure your daughter will treasure this Rita. So original and unique to her. :)
Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and blessed New Year to you and your family. x Edna x

Jenny L said...

Hi Rita,
another of your superb creations
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful project Rita, love the image you've used.
Thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts too !
Sue C
x

MaryH said...

Rita so very glad you had a day of nice weather & your creation is absolutely stunning. So much texture & beauty framing the vintage picture and it did indeed invoke a very icy cold winter's day. Merry Christmas & TFS. Hugs

Sheri said...

very pretty. thanks for playing in ABAC challenge

Leanne ... said...

Love your card Rita and wishing you a Merry Christmas.
Hugs...Leanne

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Words and Pictures said...

Really stunning, Rita - I can promise you (as a fellow Bleak Midwinterer!) Annie will absolutely love this. Love that gorgeous corrugated texture and the wonderful images. Fabulous make!
Alison xx

Jenny Marples said...

Absolutely gorgeous Rita. What a great idea to create a framed card with this beautiful image. Love the natural embellishments and the frosty feel. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Jenny x

Laurart said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Our Creative Corner - Love from Laura xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Hmm... and with my official hat on: Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
Alison x