HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Thursday, 19 March 2015

A Knitted Cowl and A Lovely Day Out

Hi Folks,   Hope you are all well and enjoying the last few sunny days.   As you know Annie took me out to lunch yesterday as part of my Mother's Day gift,  and of course I did not know where I was going,  even all my guesses were wrong.  However,  staying in Ayrshire we visited the village where our national bard was born, yes, the wonderful Robert Burns,  known in Ayrshire as Rabbie Burns.  We had lunch in the Brig O' Doon Hotel and after some fabulous food and wine,  we went for a walk about in the stunning gardens.   It certainly brought back lots of memories for me as young woman I sang lots of his songs at concerts and suppers.    A most Wonderful day and we both enjoyed some precious time together.   I have added some pictures  along with the second cowl I knitted for Carolyn,  Annie got the first one and had it on before I took a picture,  it was knitted in Sublime Tweed wool and Llama mix.  Both wools were from  Love Knitting.    Hope you enjoy seeing the area that we are lucky enough to call home.   Hugs Rita xxxx











23 comments:

Carol said...

Lovely photos Rita, you're looking well...glad you had a good day. Love your cowl too, looks lovely and warm. Carol x

Jacee said...

Super pics Rita, always good to have a trip out, glad you enjoyed it
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Wendy L said...

Wonderful pics Rita, looks like fab day out. Cowl looks amazing, xxxx

Patricia said...

Wow! Rita beautiful picture, looks amazing, so do you.
Your looking wonderful in the photos.
Love, love, love the cowl. Have not had time to start mine yet.
Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs for both of you
Patricia xxx

Jennie Atkinson said...

Lovely photos Rita - what a fabulous day out. The Bigadoon Hotel!! I have been in the musical (twice!) but never been anywhere with its namesake! You look lovely.

The cowl looks wonderful - I will have to check out the wool. I am knitting dolls at the moment! I will try and get a picture in the next couple of days - lots of fun!

Hope you are getting some better weather than here - it is very cloudy so we will probably miss the eclipse tomorrow although I think it will get dark!

Take care Jennie x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Rita, love the photos of you and Annie, pleased you had auch a lovely Mother's Day.
Your cowl is lovely. Not used this brand of yarn but it looks good.
I have another cowl on the go, pattern and yarn free with a knitting mag, it's a lacy one and I think you would like it. Will photo copy and sendit to you, hugs Kate x

Valerie-Jael said...

Your knitting is always a dream. You had a lovely surprise outing, looks so beautiful. Glad you were able to have a fun day out. Hugs, Valerie

Annie said...

Gorgeous make mammy x I love mine and it's so cosy x glad you enjoyed your afternoon and that it was a surprise. It's a lovely hotel with great food. The gardens, Brig and monument look amazing.

Huge hugs Annie x x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous Pictures Rita looks like a wonderful day out
Kevin xx

rachel said...

beautiful photos Rita - they look fabulous! It really does look like a wonderful day out! Love that cowl too! Big hugs sweet lady xx

rachel said...

beautiful photos Rita - they look fabulous! It really does look like a wonderful day out! Love that cowl too! Big hugs sweet lady xx

Selma said...

What a wonderful surprise from Annie. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us.

Jenny L said...

Hi Rita,
wonderful photos of your lovely day out.
I really love that cowl it's so perfect for keeping out the cold on your neck, as I hate my neck getting cold.
Wonderful piece of knitting as usual.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a fabulous day for you Rita, I am glad you had a good day. The photos look gorgeous. Love that cowl too, it looks so lovely and cozy.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful photos Rita, you look gorgeous.xxx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

what a lovely place thanks for sharing these photos..it makes us travel with you and discover new places thanks again!
warm hello from sunny california
bibiana

Linda Simpson said...

Loving the cowl Rita! The photographs look amazing and sure looks like you had a wonderful time.
Hugs
Linda xxx

scrappymo! said...

Looks and sounds like a perfect day out!

scrappymo! said...

Looks and sounds like a perfect day out!

Mrs.B said...

Lovely photos of your day out Rita and I'm pleased the weather was good.
The cowl looks fabulous and no doubt very warm.
Avril xx

Diane said...

Greetings Rita, wow what a fabulous trip and your pictures are stunning.

Hugs Diane

Juliz Design Post said...

Looks like a super Mother's Day pressie.
Enjoy your weekend, Julie x

MaryH said...

So enjoyed these lovely pictures, you are indeed lucky to live near this scenic & historic area. So thanks for sharing with those of us who will never get to visit there. Your knitted cowl looks so cozy & warm. Glad you were able to get out & enjoy a marvelous lunch with someone dear! Hugs & TFS