You will have noticed that I have not been posting recently and the truth be told I just don't have what it takes at the moment to make any cards etc. I did think about taking a rest from blogging , but I think maybe that would be the wrong thing to do. So please bear with me till I find my missing mojo again.
I have spent about 5 hours in my craft room , thinking what to do and this is the best I could come up with.
Our lovely member and friend Sylvie chose the the theme for this fortnight and luckily for me it was " Anything Goes ". It is an 8 x 8 card made from cream linen card that I matted and layered with a deep red paper. so my colours were set at least. I do love this stamp, so I decided to emboss it with Versamark ink and gold embossed it. My favourite Poinsettias are from Ribbon Girl and I used some card candy to finish it. I 'd like to think that the next challenge sees me back to creating again. Thank You again for All the lovely comments you leave on my Blog as every one is so much appreciated. Hugs Rita xxxx

24 comments:
Wonderful card Rita. xxxx
Well it was definitely worth the time you spent Rita, this card is beautiful! I love the colour tones and the design is superb! I am not really surprised that you are not crafting or posting as often, you have such a lot on your plate. I don't think Mr Mojo has gone very far, he just needed a little encouragement and you certainly gave him that! Take care my lovely friend, I am really looking forward to seeing you in May. Big hugs, Anne xx
Good morning Rita,
Happy Mothers Day, hope you have a good day.
It might have taken longer than you usually take but your card is beautiful.
Love the Poinettia, really sets the whole card off
Hugs
Patricia xxx
I love the geometrical design to your card Rita, you have created a beautifully balanced composition, it really is lovely. Hope you manage to get settled enough soon to be able to craft more again. Take care and thinking of you.
hugs Brenda xxx
Occasionally our mojo goes off on holiday Rita, I shouldn't worry about it unduly it will soon return. The Spring will re-invigorate us all and I'm sure creating will become easier. That said this is still a lovely card and the colours and verse are beautiful. I hope you have a great Mother's day too x
Lorraine
From time to time our mojo just slips out the side door and takes a walk in the sun! Just take a moment and clean your space or do something in your crafts that you love. I make flowers! As I get older this happens a lot to me and I'm hoping it is not going to be a trend.
Wonderful design Rita, love the geometric shape! Great card and happy mothers day!
Hi Rita I love, love the design of this card the sentiment, flowers and colours they all look superb.
hugs
lorraine x
Wonderful card Rita I like the design and the poinsettia
Kevin xx
Rita, I am sorry you aren't feeling up to crafting, you have had such a lot to deal with lately, and all this with Andrew and his op does not help. You might have taken 5 hours but you have produced a beautiful card. Take it easy my friend you will get that in the end. Hazel x
So lovely Rita, I think we all have times when we feel our mojo's gone. Your cards are always awesome and this one is no exception.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
A lovely card Rita. I think a lot of people seem to be struggling with the elusive mojo right now, been a lot of illness etc around, hopefully we will all buck up when the weather does too!
Joan
Lovely card Rita and the poinsettia is so pretty. You have had so much on your plate recently that it's hardly surprising you are struggling a bit. I have been having problems too and was worrying because I haven't been card making or blogging properly. Now I just do what I have to do and post usually once a week. Things will improve so don't fret about it. Hope you have a lovely Mothering Sunday. Big hugs Christine xx
Hi Rita! Sorry I haven't been round for so long... and sorry to hear about your missing Mojo. You've still managed to turn out a swellegant elegant Christmas card - love the sparkly poinsettia! Hope you're having a lovely Sunday... don't sweat the creative stuff, just go and enjoy doing something else altogether!
Alison xx
This card has that lovely look of a quilting block. And quilting is all the rage at the mo.
A lovely card, Rita. I hope your mojo returns soon. Have a lovely Mothers Day!
Beautiful Rita just loving the colours and the design...showing my age am I if I say retro...love it! xxxx
Good evening Rita
I do hope you have had a lovely Mothering Sunday and enjoyed your day whatever you have been doing.
So lovely to see you have a post today with such a beautiful card, is that your first one ready for Christmas 2015? Why worry if you have not made some cards of late, please remember there is always another day not broken into when you may make one, you take all the time you need.
Take care
Hugs
Margaret corgi owner
Don't know if it was intentional but your card has a lovley patchwork look to it. Hope your mojo returns soon. hugs Mrs A.
I'm so glad that you could manage to create for the CCC challenge, because this card is beautiful, the design is super and I love the colours you've chosen.
I hope your inpiration comes back soon, big hugs Kate x
It's a beautiful card Rita even if it did take more time to make. I think sometimes we just have to go back to the basics and use things we know will work and let our mojo's find themselves! Carol x
Rita, so pretty. It reminds me of a quilt pattern, and I love the white & red combo. So festive, yet a very calming look combined together. You did great! I hear you about the lack of MoJo, and I don't have all the excuses that you have, with Andrew's postponed surgeries. That is bound to be taking a mental toll on both of you. You get geared up to go, and then have to wait again. So you just do what feels right to you for the moment, and we'll all be here when you get back. (for me, once I can think of something, and actually start it, I'm fine. But it's the thought processes that are bogging me down. I'm the same way with preparing meals. Just feel sort of burnt out with the brain cells I guess! ) Big hugs, and hope things are on track for you both as you need them to be. - Oh I see that Mrs. A saw the same 'look' to your pretty card as I did. TFS
I see everyone else has said what I thought - it looks beautifully quilted Rita and very classy. Don't force yourself with the crafting because I have done that in the past and it wasn't good - I found it helped me to take a break from it and when I tried to push it I felt worse. Hope you feel crafty soon Karen x
Hi Rita
Fabulous card...i think we all lose our Mojo... At some time or other... I tend to look on Pinterest for ideas....
Hugs Sylvie x
A gorgeous make Rita - I love the geometric layout - wonderful! Big hugs rachel x
Post a Comment