HomeAwardsChallengesTutorialsContact

Sunday, 22 March 2015

An Easter Basket

Hi to all my favourite people.   Hope you are enjoying a nice relaxing Sunday.   I have Dinner prepared and washing done , so hopefully I can have some Me time this afternoon.    This was my first attempt at this basket and I think it will be a favourite for any season of the year.   Easy to construct from a Dutch Doobadoo template.  I bought mine from Tracy at Noor design.    I filled it with sweets and I will give this one to my hairdresser and they can all get share.   I used cream hammered card 350 gsm for the main design,  and Teresa Collins papers that I distressed for the finish,  added to this some Ivy flourish by Sue Wilson and some sweet roses that I distressed a little with ripe persimmon DI.      Lots of Hugs to All of you for bearing with me .   Hugs Rita xxxx



24 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so pretty Rita, it looks very yummy. What a lovely lady you are, I am sure the girls in your Hairdressers will love it.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Aquarius said...

That certainly looks like an interesting basket template - must investigate. Love the way you've decorated it and I'm sure the girls will appreciate the contents too!!

Jenny L said...

Hi Rita,
this is so perfectly made, and designed.
Love your fab use of the papers, and very beautiful roses too.
A very great template to own I think.
Yummy my mouth is watering at your sweetie treats in the basket.
I bet they were so pleased with this present.
I do hope you are feeling much better my friend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue said...

Hi Rita this is absolutely lovely! and how sweet to give it to your hairdresser:))) the papers are gorgeous have a great day lots of huggles Sue xxx

Doreen said...

Love this gorgeous basket Rita.xxx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Rita, It's a gorgeous make, love the pretty papers you've used. Lucky ladies in your hairdressers.
Avril xx

Valerie-Jael said...

What a stunning idea, I have never seen a basket like that before. A gogeous gift and together with that wonderful filling, just yummy! Big hugs, Valerie

Wendy L said...

This is so gorgeous and yummy too, xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

How gorgeous your basket is Rita, and what a super gift for your hairdresser and her staff.
It looks quite complicated, but your embellishments and papers ar wonderful. Hope you and Andrew are well, hugs Kate x

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Rita this is fabulous! Loving the design and gorgeous papers.I am sure they will love this.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Gibmiss said...

Dhi Rita
This is fabulous... What a lovelt gift....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Zoe Tant said...

What a lovely version of this basket. Someone will have a very special Easter with this. Zx

Jenny Marples said...

What a delicious basket Rita! This is such a treat and something really special for Easter. Jenny x

Redanne said...

Oh wow Rita, what a gorgeous basket, I love the design and those gorgeous flowers. I think your hairdresser will be very impressed indeed! Take care my friend... Big hugs, Anne xx

Carol said...

This looks fabulous Rita, I'm sure the hairdressers will enjoy the contents too. Carol x

rachel said...

what a sweet basket Rita! Gorgeous make - I'm doing one at coffee pot tomorrow o looking forward to it now I have seen yours! Your hairdressers will adore it. Hope the rest of your sunday went well. Big hugs Rachel xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a beautiful basket Rita, the ladies at the hairdressers will love this. The papers are gorgeous and I love the roses and trailing ivy feature on the side.
Lorraine

Jennifer Johnston said...

Wow Rita, this is an amazing Easter basket, such a lovely gift! and beautifully made. Hope you are feeling much better now Hun. Have a good week.
Hugs Jennifer xx

MaryH said...

Oh my, this looks like a very complex & intricate project. It's so lovely with the materials you have chosen to craft with too. Adding those lovely roses with the trailing vines just added more glory. How very sweet of you to make this basket for your hairdresser - she & her staff will enjoy the goodies, but also have a beautiful basket to display when it's all empty (and ready to be filled again) Great job, and glad you are feeling better. TFS

Stamps and Paper said...

Such a beautiful basket must check the template out

Anne

aussie aNNie said...


Lovely creation Rita, lovely colours , added goodies are also gorgeous.xx

{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Jacee said...

Wow, this is wonderful Rita, what a fab project, the choccy's don't look bad either!!! LOL
hugs Jacee
Lil' Inker Stitched Square,

Sue said...

Wow Rita this is amazing, and I certainly like what you've filled it with xx

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely charming, Rita - I'm not surprised you got orders for lots more (glanced at the latest post first!). And delicious goodies inside too...
Alison xx